The Demian Dilemma

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
mightyfelix

Post by mightyfelix » February 7th, 2019, 11:13 pm

I know that Elizabby has submitted texts to PG before. I don't know who else, or how it's done.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » February 8th, 2019, 8:20 am

Old thread: How to Make a Project Gutenberg E-Book

Archive is much easier.

msfry

Post by msfry » February 8th, 2019, 10:48 am

I sent in an online interlibrary request using my local library website. Librarian says they can access LSU books. Let's see what happens.
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"Knowing that a tomato is actually a fruit is Knowledge. Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad."

msfry

Post by msfry » March 12th, 2019, 9:39 pm

Update on my Demian project: I got the hardcover book from the library, Gutenberg has accepted the copyright page, I read the FAQ's and I am now teaching myself the process of scanning it in with my Epson Perfection 4490 Scanner and ABBY OCR software. This experience gives me a whole new appreciation of the Gutenberg Project. WOW! The PG represents a lot of volunteer effort!

I am recording a chapter as I correct the OCR errors, proofing as I go along. When Gutenberg accepts and uploads the book, my recordings should be ready to upload as well.
Michele Fry, CC
My Projects
"Knowing that a tomato is actually a fruit is Knowledge. Wisdom is not putting one in a fruit salad."

Cori
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Cori » March 15th, 2019, 3:35 pm

msfry wrote:
March 12th, 2019, 9:39 pm
This experience gives me a whole new appreciation of the Gutenberg Project. WOW! The PG represents a lot of volunteer effort!
So true!
I am recording a chapter as I correct the OCR errors, proofing as I go along. When Gutenberg accepts and uploads the book, my recordings should be ready to upload as well.
That's sort of how I got started here, thinking that reading aloud would be a great way of spotting errors. Turns out my vocal cords are much more forgiving than eyes and brain. You've got a hard project on your hands, Michele! Glad it's coming along so well, though.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!