LibriVox API Discussion Thread

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

wb415 wrote: April 10th, 2023, 4:23 pm Hi, all. I came to this forum because I was interested in whether or not the API endpoint includes any parameter to specify a sort order for search results.

I appreciate the link to the github repo, which allowed me to quickly read through the code and confirm that no such parameter exists.

I don't know if there's currently anybody at Librivox who is maintaining this code.. for example, to accept pull requests and accept new features and improvements from the developer community. On the off-chance there is, I made a pull request containing a very simple update to add this feature. I hope it can be tested and included on the live server.
There is someone that monitors pull requests and accepts code. The question is when he can test and implement it. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
redrun
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by redrun »

Nobody get too excited, but I intend to fix a bug in one part of the API. This part has been bugged a long time, and I hope nobody's been using it. It's only marginally useful as-is, and is liable to cause trouble if somebody starts using it too much. :help:

So: if anybody's app uses the 'listen_url' of individual sections in the API, please have a look here:
https://github.com/LibriVox/librivox-catalog/issues/211#issue-2216067383

If you use the zip URL, the RSS feed or the M4B, you can safely ignore. 8-)
I'll be out for a bit on this last weekend of April, but still checking in as I get the chance. I will try to follow up on Monday, with anything I can't do on the go.