COMPLETE: One-Act Play Collection 005 - al

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

CaprishaPage wrote:Okay! William White's part is PL OK!

Here is the finished play! I have listened to it and checked it for a preliminary OK, but I don't know if it needs any other OK-ing beyond that.

Tides
by George Middleton
Duration: 38:30
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/oneactplays005_tides_middleton.mp3

:D
Did you check it against the text and believe it's PL-OK or want a final listen from someone else? :) Thanks, CP!
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

JoFriday21 wrote:

Here is the finished play! I have listened to it and checked it for a preliminary OK, but I don't know if it needs any other OK-ing beyond that.

Tides
by George Middleton

Did you check it against the text and believe it's PL-OK or want a final listen from someone else? :) Thanks, CP!

I checked William against text - it's good!

I checked the finished play against the text, as well, but nobody else has checked it. Does that answer your question? I am not quite sure what you were asking... :hmm:

Lol!
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

CaprishaPage wrote:
JoFriday21 wrote:

Tides
by George Middleton

I checked William against text - it's good!

I checked the finished play against the text, as well, but nobody else has checked it. Does that answer your question? I am not quite sure what you were asking... :hmm:

Lol!
LOL! I'm asking if you want someone to give 'er a final PL or want to call it good :)
CaprishaPage

Post by CaprishaPage »

OOOOHHHHHH! It has been one of those days....I guess it is showing a little. (cut-paste-rerecord-repeat). lol! Also, I have been cooking authentic colonial American recipes for our new literature unit tomorrow in English 11 (super fun); however, I will be wearing a corset all day (so NOT super fun). Ah, the things I do for education.

AAANNNYYYway, I would love for someone to give it a listen, but I am not going to require it.

I don't suppose that it's the Christmas holidays yet, and I just missed it? No? Okay...Hey! I think school is out on Friday! How lovely! I think I just found the strength to finish up my night's work! :o)
Caprisha

I am half agony, half hope. -Jane Austen
Beirdo

Post by Beirdo »

OK, sorry for the delay (got me a real nasty cold that is just now dying off). I plan to record my part tomorrow (as I'm too tired tonight), and hope to have something for you soon after. Here's hoping the cold stays away, it really messes up recording possibilities...
Beirdo

Post by Beirdo »

Update: got a first swag at recording done, and I'm off to edit.
Beirdo

Post by Beirdo »

OK, please let me know if there's any changes to make. I might have to re-do the whole recording to fix it, but such is life. Here it is:

Length: 9:38.769 (according to Audacity)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/oneactplays005_badge8805_pohl.mp3

This was recorded with a Zoom H1 portable recorder, but stupid me forgot to turn off automatic gain control, so I had to post process (bandpass filter to remove 60Hz and fan noise in the noisy-ish room, compress to fix the stupid gain control). I think the results are reasonable, but let me know.
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Would you like another play or two? We did a couple of Mr Punch's Dramatic Sequels at the London meeting. I have one of them, the sequel to She Stoops to Conquer, completely edited. It's about ten minutes long, and just needs renaming and addition of ID3 tags for it to be submitted.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
catrose

Post by catrose »

If you hang on a bit, Peter, I think Todd's planning to launch the complete collection as soon as this was wrapped up. :) I think (personal opinion) that it'd be nice to keep them all together (and, though I do love lots of different versions of things, I think these deserve to be together) Let's wait to see what Amanda and Kristin say :D

EDIT: It has been posted here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=40887&p=798357#p798357 Maybe you should PM Todd? :D
Cat
charlotteduckett.com

A Level exams from 4th May to 30th June. I am around, just not as often. If I forget or miss anything, drop me a PM and I'll be on it like a wasp on honey!
Peter Why

Post by Peter Why »

Thanks, Cat, I've had a PM from Todd. I've given him details of what we did.

The Rubaiyat looks fun; I'm envious of whoever goes for it.

Peter
"I think, therefore I am, I think." Solomon Cohen, in Terry Pratchett's Dodger
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

Beirdo wrote:OK, please let me know if there's any changes to make. I might have to re-do the whole recording to fix it, but such is life. Here it is:

Length: 9:38.769 (according to Audacity)
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/al/oneactplays005_badge8805_pohl.mp3

This was recorded with a Zoom H1 portable recorder, but stupid me forgot to turn off automatic gain control, so I had to post process (bandpass filter to remove 60Hz and fan noise in the noisy-ish room, compress to fix the stupid gain control). I think the results are reasonable, but let me know.
Thanks Beirdo! I gave it a quick listen and it sounds good. I appreciate the help. :thumbs:

I'll PL this as soon as I have a free moment.

(And now I've gotta finish editing my own section... zoinks!)
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Peter Why wrote:Would you like another play or two? We did a couple of Mr Punch's Dramatic Sequels at the London meeting. I have one of them, the sequel to She Stoops to Conquer, completely edited. It's about ten minutes long, and just needs renaming and addition of ID3 tags for it to be submitted.

Peter
I've pm'ed Amanda about it:) We'll figure it out
Kristin

The Count of Monte Cristo (Dramatic reading) - PL and Editors needed!
Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

mw updated:)
Kristin

Kristingj

Post by Kristingj »

Kristingj wrote:
Peter Why wrote:Would you like another play or two? We did a couple of Mr Punch's Dramatic Sequels at the London meeting. I have one of them, the sequel to She Stoops to Conquer, completely edited. It's about ten minutes long, and just needs renaming and addition of ID3 tags for it to be submitted.

Peter
I've pm'ed Amanda about it:) We'll figure it out

Well, we agreed earlier on that 10 was the max, and we'll stick by that, sorry:)
Kristin

JoFriday21

Post by JoFriday21 »

I'm sure Todd would love to have them included in the next one! :) Thank you though!