Only a Woman's Heart, by Ada Clare (1866)

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
jpoe

Post by jpoe »

I can't find this book on Project Gutenberg, but it's kind of obscure and that might be why? It was published in 1866 and the author died in 1874, so it must be in the public domain (although I'll submit to wiser heads, of course) It was her only novel. I haven't read it yet; it may even be terrible, but I'm researching Ada Clare right now and I really wanted to record her works.

Available for free here: http://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=njp.32101072962564;page=root;view=image;size=100;seq=11;num=5
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
Can you wright here a short summary of the novel? And, also, the etext can be found on googlebooks.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
jpoe

Post by jpoe »

I haven't read it yet, but as soon as I do (in the next couple of weeks) I will post one. I was also hoping to do some or all of the reading for it (but the uploader isn't working for me.) :(
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello jpoe,
you can go to the new project's lonch pad and start a solo reading of this book. However, before you do that, I suggest you record a chapter- or more- from a group project so that you'll be able to decide if you have time for this commitment.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.