[Tagalog] Noli Me Tangere ni José Rizal - rap

Deutsche Projekte, Nederlandstalige Projecten, Proyectos en español, projets en français, Projekty po polsku, 日本語のプロジェクト
RosaleeLuAnn

Post by RosaleeLuAnn »

Pacensya di pa ako nakapag PL... gagawin ko po as soon as I can, this week sana. :-)
"I knew I'd be in this story somewhere." [size=84]From[i] The King of Attolia[/i], by Megan Whalen Turner[/size]
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Placing on Hold and removing myself as MC

Anne
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Moved to LaunchPad for tDucepec.

Tony,

The links in the MW are currently not working. They will need to be changed once you decide if you are going to pick this up and the project gets a new MC. Meanwhile, you should be able to listen to the files at the links below:

https://librivox.org/uploads/abandoned/noli_me_tangere_tagalog/nolimetangere_00_rizal.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/abandoned/noli_me_tangere_tagalog/nolimetangere_01_rizal.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/abandoned/noli_me_tangere_tagalog/nolimetangere_02_rizal.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/abandoned/noli_me_tangere_tagalog/nolimetangere_03_rizal.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/abandoned/noli_me_tangere_tagalog/nolimetangere_04_rizal.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/abandoned/noli_me_tangere_tagalog/nolimetangere_05_rizal.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/abandoned/noli_me_tangere_tagalog/nolimetangere_06_rizal.mp3

You will need to read back through the thread to find the outstanding PL notes. If they are simple edits, then you can make them and keep the original reader's file. If major edits requiring rereading of parts of the text are needed, then it might be best to just reread the whole chapter yourself. You can decide that once you have a listen. Two of these still need PL. If you decide to go forward with this you can see if the original PLer is still around or just find someone new. I don't know how many Tagalog speakers we have currently, but hopefully there will be someone who can PL for you.

After you have had a chance to look through all of this, just post in this thread to let us know if you still want to go forward with the project.
Jo
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

Hi knotyouaveragejo,

I have read through the the PL notes especially for Section/Chapter 1. These are phrases in the middle of the chapters. I don't now if an overdub would be possible or acceptable or a complete read through is a good course of action.

So far seven sections are posted; two are Ok'ed by the PL, three have notes for revision, and two needs PL. There are 65 Chapters. So technically, there are 58 chapters/sections to produce.

I am up to the challenge. I still want to go forward with the project. It will take some time. But it is a worthwhile project. I don't know if the PL will be an issue; I hope not.

Thank you. Regards.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Tony! I will set this up for you so you can start working on it!
I will move the files to my folder and update the links in the Magic Window.

From what I see, most PL notes are repeats, maybe it would work just deleting the repeat, without re-recording?

I will post again when I'm ready.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

The Magic Window is ready for you. Here's a guide as to how to update the Magic Window https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Soloists:_How_to_update_the_Magic_Window

Start from "Accessing the System – First Time Login" to create a login. The system login (Workflow) is something separate from your forum login.

What's your plan of action? :D
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

Hi Rapunzelina,

Thank you for setting this up.

So far I have read the PL notes, listened to the previous recordings and read the manuscript. I will then go over the Magic Window process.

I have glossed over the manuscript and I would say it would be a bit of a challenge because it is written on old tagalog. (C's are used then. K's are used in the modern tagalog. This is a carry-over of the Spanish influence in the Tagalog language.) But the reading and pronunciations are still the same.

Regarding the recordings, I will go over the recordings and see if I can edit out the repeats so I don't have to re-record the whole section.

I will start recording as soon as possible. Will there be a PL for this project?

Thanks again.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

We will advertise for a PL and hopefully we'll get one.

Have you also listened to the two last recordings that are marked PL needed? Are they PL OK or do they need edits?

I will now move us to the Going Solo forum. I am sure you will rise to the challenge :clap:
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi! How's this project going?
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

Rapunzelina wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 8:33 am Hi! How's this project going?
Hi Rapunzelina,

Below is the link for Chapter 7 Noli Me Tangere:

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/nolimetangere_7_rizal_128kbps.mp3

If there are issues please let me know. Thank you for your patience.

Tony D
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Hi Tony! Amazing to see that your hard work has started bringing results!

I will advertise for a listener (Tagalog-speaking of possible).

What is the duration of this recording?
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

Hello there. I would like to PL for this project.
I think this is very much a worthwhile venture.
I have thought of taking up the solo recording myself several times,
but life gets in the way of our personal goals sometimes, as we all know.
And there are also other recording projects that I'm eager to work on.
I am so glad there's another person willing to take on the challenge
of reading all this Old Tagalog! Mabuhay ka, tDucepec!

I will start on the PL as soon as I get the go-signal, and I have enough free time.
Kaya natin ito!
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Welcome back to this project!
The sections currently needing pl seem to be 5,6,7. I have given you access to the mw :D When you get to section 7 , could you also add the duration in the mw? Unless Tony answers my question in the meantime.

Take your time, this is a slow moving project. That's why I would like to mention that this project could be opened up as a group project so that more people share the work-load. That's for Tony to think about :D

Thank you!
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

Great! I actually found time to work on this today.

PL Notes for Section 5:
1. Misreading at 1:22. "SILFIDE" misread as "silfilde"
2. Misreading at 3:22. "BATA pang Franciscano" misread as "binata pang Franciscano"

Comments: These are relatively minor errors. I leave it to the reader's discretion whether to correct them or not.
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

PL Notes for Section 6:
+ 2:23. Skipped phrase AT SA ROSARIO
+ 3:52. LUMALANG misread as [lumalalang]
+ 6:16. NAPACACASAL misread as [nagpapakasal]
+ 7:56. Repeat ANG BABOY NA IYO'Y
+ 8:50. MAKABIBILANG SA HUKBO misread as [makabibiling]
+ 9:45. Skipped phrase AT NG MANGAHIYA
+ 11:04. PAGTANGIS misread as [pagtanghil]
+ 14:17. Repeat SA MGA SALAPING IPINAGMIMISA. Misreading of IPINAGPAMISA.
+ 14:59. Misreading of CAILAN MA'Y LAGUING LAANG TUMALIMA
+ 15:30. SA PAGCA'T misread as [sa pagka'y]
+ 16:24. Skipped "hindi SIYA nila"
+ 16:56. Misreading of PAGCAMATIMTIMANG as [pagkakatimtimang]
+ 18:09. Misreading of CAWASA as [casawa]
+ 18:52. Misreading of PAG-UUNAHANG as [pag-uunahin]
+ 19:46. Misreading of PANGPASAYANG as [pagsasayang]
+ 20:01. Misreading of CAMPANA as [campanYA]
+ 20:18. Misreading of CANONIGO as [canYOnigo]
+ 20:34. Mispronunciation of "nakakaTUlog"
+ 20:44. Misreading of IGUINUPO as [iginugupo]
+ 21:31. Skipped "Capitang Tiago MA'Y sasamba"
+ 22:31. Repeat AT BUMILI ANG DALAWANG
+ 22:58. Misreading of NAWALANG as [nawawalang]
+ 23:01. Misreading of CASAYSAY as [casaysayan]
+ 23:49. Repeat ISANG LAGNAT ANG DUMAPO SA KANYA
+ 24: 28. Misreading of CANYANG AMA
+ 24:37. Misreading of PAGCA NAGLALARO, MALULUNGCOT
+ 25:37. Misreading of IKINAPANGYAYARI
+ 26:03. Misreading of CINTAS as [kwintas]
+ 26:08. Misreading of the phrase "Na si Capitang Tiago..." Misreading of CAHIBANGAN as [kaibhan]

Comments: I must admit proof listening this chapter was... "challenging." It sounded like she was trying to rush through the text and didn't seem to care anymore whether she was misreading or not. At times it sounded like she was just mumbling haphazardly through the more difficult phrases. The mistakes I pointed out here were only the most obvious ones. There were a lot of other "minor" errors. With all these mistakes, I hope you will reconsider redoing the whole section.

I know this is volunteer work and that we are not under any pressure to aim for a perfect reading, but I really believe it is disrespectful to the author and to the listeners if the book is read carelessly. This is especially true in this case, because this book is historically and culturally significant to an entire nation.