[Tagalog] Noli Me Tangere ni José Rizal - rap

Deutsche Projekte, Nederlandstalige Projecten, Proyectos en español, projets en français, Projekty po polsku, 日本語のプロジェクト
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Thank you for such hard work! At this point, as the original reader is not active in the forum any more, it's Tony's decision how to handle the files. However, I agree that if it's not totally understandable, it should be redone.
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

PL notes for Section 7.
+ 4:32 Skipped "bagong cura natin doon NGAYON"
+ 12:12 Misreading of PALIBHASA as [dahil]
+ 18:29 Misreading of CARILIMAN as [carimlan]
Comments: There are also several minor errors that involve the Tagalog syllabic repetition, such as
TUMUTULO misread as [tumulo]
SUMIBOL misread as [sumisibol]
MAKAPAGLINGKOD misread as [makapaglilingkod]
I think these are negligible, though, as they do not greatly affect the context and nuance of the narrative.
May I just say, you have a lovely Tagalog reading! And I really like how you pace yourself, giving the text a wonderful lyrical, poetic cadence. Mahusay!!!
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 19th, 2021, 8:01 am Hi Tony! Amazing to see that your hard work has started bringing results!

I will advertise for a listener (Tagalog-speaking of possible).

What is the duration of this recording?
Hi Rupenzelina,

The recording is 31m 43s.

Yes, results come slow and steady. It is a worthwhile project so...we persevere.

Regards,
TDucepec
Last edited by tDucepec on March 30th, 2021, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

mlcui wrote: March 25th, 2021, 7:01 pm PL notes for Section 7.
+ 4:32 Skipped "bagong cura natin doon NGAYON"
+ 12:12 Misreading of PALIBHASA as [dahil]
+ 18:29 Misreading of CARILIMAN as [carimlan]
Comments: There are also several minor errors that involve the Tagalog syllabic repetition, such as
TUMUTULO misread as [tumulo]
SUMIBOL misread as [sumisibol]
MAKAPAGLINGKOD misread as [makapaglilingkod]
I think these are negligible, though, as they do not greatly affect the context and nuance of the narrative.
May I just say, you have a lovely Tagalog reading! And I really like how you pace yourself, giving the text a wonderful lyrical, poetic cadence. Mahusay!!!
Hello mlcui!

Thank you for your time for reviewing and listening the to the recording.

Thank you also for the feedback. At least I know that someone is listening. : ) Regarding a "wonderful lyrical, poetic cadence" I had the opportunity to work with one of the great Filipino talents in theater, the late great Rolando Tinio. He is an inspiration.

I'll go over your notes and re-record.

Regarding Ika-anim na Kabanata, if you recommend that I re-record the chapter that is fine with me.

Thank you. Maraming salamat. Mabuhay!

tDucepec
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 25th, 2021, 6:02 am Thank you for such hard work! At this point, as the original reader is not active in the forum any more, it's Tony's decision how to handle the files. However, I agree that if it's not totally understandable, it should be redone.
Hi Rapunzelina,

I am currently having issues with uploading the re-recorded file. I tried uploading several times and I come up with the same error.

The error displayed is: SyntaxError: Unexpected token < in JSON at position 0. I don't know if your system administrator can help.

I'll try uploading again some other time and see what happens.

Thank you.

Regards,
Tony
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

Rapunzelina wrote: March 25th, 2021, 6:02 am Thank you for such hard work! At this point, as the original reader is not active in the forum any more, it's Tony's decision how to handle the files. However, I agree that if it's not totally understandable, it should be redone.
Hi Rapunzelina,

Patience paid off! Here is the link to the revised recording.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/nolimetangere_7_rizal_128kbps.mp3

Regards,
Tony
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I think this error message appears when the uploader page has been open for too long, and your login times out, so you need to log in again.
Either way, I'm glad your upload came through! :thumbs: Ready for a spot check
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

Rapunzelina wrote: April 5th, 2021, 12:43 pm I think this error message appears when the uploader page has been open for too long, and your login times out, so you need to log in again.
Either way, I'm glad your upload came through! :thumbs: Ready for a spot check
Awesome! Will work on it this weekend.
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

Section 7 PL OK! Great reading, Tony :clap:
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

Hi Rapunzelina and mlcui,

Below is the link for Section 8. For your review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/nolimetangere_8_rizal.mp3

File Size: 17.78 mb
Length: 18m 30s

Regards,
TonyD
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

Notes for Section 8.
What a pleasure it is to listen to your reading! Ang sarap sa tainga!

The recording itself is wonderful. We just need to make a few changes to the metadata and the filename.
Please export the file as
nolimetangere_8_rizal_128kbps.mp3
and then reupload to the forum.

For the metadata, you wrote simply "7" for the previous chapter, without the chapter title.
You might want to remove the chapter title for this one as well, just for consistency.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

I can fix filenames and metadata during cataloguing, so if there are no other pl notes, then it can be marked PL OK! :thumbs:
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

Hi,

I'll make the file names and metadata consistent next time.

I have also thought of recording Chapter 1, Kabanata 1 - Isang Pagcacapisan.

Thanks.

TonyD
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

As far as I can tell, the pl notes for chapter 1 have a few repeats which would be a simple edit that doesn't require re-recording. If that is so, and you are otherwise satisfied with the quality of the recording, you could do just the edits and save some time and energy for new recordings :D
tDucepec

Post by tDucepec »

Hi Rapunzelina and mlcui,

Sorry to keep you waiting for the next chapters. I had a change in my work schedule and I'm trying to fit the recording schedule in.

I have a bit of progress, and I might have something uploaded soon. Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Tony