Librivox Community Podcasters Wanted

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

Okay, people have lots of ideas already. I have some of my own - I was going to PM some people about interviews, as well as getting as many people as possible to record 'Happy Anniversary LibriVox,'

I was going to ask Ruth to do something on the collections, so that's saved me a PM. And all the other ideas sound fantastic as well.

I shall start a new thread in a few minutes, detailing what I'd like/what's being done. If you record anything, upload it there so that everything's in one place.
So little space, so much to say.
Hokuspokus

Post by Hokuspokus »

Hm, I think I can put together some snippets from the German recordings of the past year. Something like a list of titles ...

Maybe someone wants to do that for other languages, too?
Or is it too boring to listen to?
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I don't know. Possibly the disclaimer in as many languages as we've recorded in in the last year . That could be quite cool. Or in all 29 catalogued languages? Although that could go on a bit. I might split them up through the podcast. But if somebody could go through and collect them into one file, that's be one less job for me...

EDIT: As for the German, you decide what you want to do, and I'll put it in.
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

Updates: Availle has said she will try and put together something about stats and estimates.

Daniel has agreed to say something about his videos.
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

Hokuspokus wrote:Hm, I think I can put together some snippets from the German recordings of the past year. Something like a list of titles ...

Maybe someone wants to do that for other languages, too?
Or is it too boring to listen to?
Hokuspokus,

I don't think that would be boring; it would be an interesting experience to listen to all the languages. Little snippets from recordings of all the 29 languages together, maybe? Maybe overlapping one another or some such thing...

Remember we'd made a collage of Emperor's New Clothes in FIVE different languages last time? LOL, I wish I'd waited till this year to do that :D
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

I've just signed up to do podcast number 110 (on the wiki). In fact, the file is ready. What now?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Gesine wrote:I've just signed up to do podcast number 110 (on the wiki). In fact, the file is ready. What now?
You could release it now. Try PMing Cori as she does most of the uploading to archive.

Esther :)
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

However the last podcast was number 112...
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hmm, okay. Already PM'd Cori. Could someone update the wiki with the last podcasts, then? Or if you put the info in a post here, I'll do it.
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Gesine wrote:Hmm, okay. Already PM'd Cori. Could someone update the wiki with the last podcasts, then? Or if you put the info in a post here, I'll do it.
I've updated it, Gesine. :)
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thanks, Ruth! Replied, Gesine -- sorry I wasn't in yesterday!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Cool, thank you! I'll just add the podcast edition (number 113) in the audio, then I'll upload the file and leave it all in Cori's capable hands. :)

Cori, here's the requested blurb - feel free to change anything:
In Community Podcast 113, Gesine explains the ins and outs of the new 'Thank a reader' feature on the LibriVox website. Clicking on the link in the right-hand sidebar, listeners can send their thanks to a designated email address, and an admin posts the messages in a forum thread and also notifies each reader by PM. From its conception in April to the date of the podcast, August 2010, we received more than 250 thank you emails (approx. 90 messages per month).
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Looking forward to the 5-year jubilee. It is absolutely fantastic what LibriVox has become in these years!
I have posted my contribution to the Pod-cast in the special celebration thread, and I hope that is OK.

Lars :D
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
Cori

Post by Cori »

Home and getting 113 loaded into the firing tubes. :D
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Cori

Post by Cori »

Listen to LibriVox Community Podcast Show #113
Duration: 25:04

Hosted by Gesine

In Community Podcast 113, Gesine explains the ins and outs of the new 'Thank a reader' feature on the LibriVox website. Clicking on the link in the right-hand sidebar, listeners can send their thanks to a designated email address, and an admin posts the messages in a forum thread and also notifies each reader by PM. From its conception in April to the date of the podcast, August 2010, we've received more than 250 thank you emails (approx. 90 messages per month).

Thank you for listening! :9:

To Subscribe to the Librivox Community Podcast, go to: http://feeds.feedburner.com/LibrivoxCommunityPodcast or hit this itunes link to get you to the subscribe page http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewPodcast?id=203970211

Recent past and present Librivox Community Podcast files can be found at our spot in Archive.org
Archived shows for previous years can be found at: 2006, 2007, 2008 and 2009.

Archived shownotes for the Librivox Community Podcast can be found at http://librivox.org/category/librivox-community-podcast/ and the rss feed for those shownotes is: http://librivox.org/category/librivox-community-podcast/feed

Shows this year have been downloaded 6,221 times. According to the archive.org counter, anyway.