Librivox Community Podcasters Wanted

Non-reading activities need your help too!
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

The song sounds brilliant. And I like the background music and the little bits of intros. Thanks for arranging that Cori.
So little space, so much to say.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Very, very good! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

And let me say that LibriVox has come to mean very much for me personally during the more than two years I have been part of it as a reader (and listener), and even more so now, since my wife died about two months ago. And as soon as all the legal, bureaucratic stuff about our/my economy has been duly settled I will certainly be sure to donate too.
Librivox provides such an enormous and invaluable service to people, and I hope it will be able to do that for many, many years to come!

Lars
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

I am extremely sorry to hear your sad news, Lars, and I am so glad that you are part of our big supportive LibriVox family. :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

A terrific podcast, thanks all -- love the "choices of voices" at the beginning, Cori, and the song turned out great!

I too am very sorry to hear about your wife, Lars. My condolences to you and your family.
Laurie Anne
anna

Post by anna »

Condolences to you and your family, Lars.

Ans
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Very sorry to hear that lars.
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I'm terribly sorry to hear that Lars. I'm glad LV is able to help you out in this tough time, and that you have a supportive network of people here to help you.
So little space, so much to say.
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Thank you all!

LV certainly is! a supportive network. And I also have wonderful children - and friends too.
My wife enjoyed that I had found LibriVox "as hobby" after my retirement very much, and my daughters were and are interested in what can be found in the Catalogue (One is a Librarian).
I think my wife actually was seriously contemplating to try reading herself at some time, as she had a very good reading voice, but in late October, a for several yeas dormant Cancer, suddenly had begun to grow very rapidly and unexpectedly, and in less than two months she left this life, at home - with me and my children at her bedside, very peacefully.
But life will go on, and so will LibriVox!
Lars

:( and :) at the same time
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
kayray

Post by kayray »

Marvelous podcast, all! Just loved it. Fun to hear Dan's words in Ruthie's voice, heh.

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news, Lars, but I hope our community has proved a comfort to you. We're glad you're here!
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

kayray wrote: Fun to hear Dan's words in Ruthie's voice, heh.
Seemed odd to me too. ;) I'm deep in The Riddle of the Purple Emperor right now, so be thankful I didn't do him in Superintendent Narkom's voice... or even worse, Dollops. :lol:

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

Yes, this was a fun podcast. I really wanted to record my Boom-de-yadas, but I was in hospital for my regular chemotherapy when the call came out. I compensated by singing along with all of you while I listened. The whole thing was inspiring. Thank you all, and especially to Ruth for co-ordinating it all.

:9:
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

Dear Librivox Podcast people,

Together with Hokuspokus I made an item for the next Community Podcast. It's short (one second shy of 4 minutes), so it can't be a podcast on its own. But when the next podcast is compiled, and if you want to use it, you may add this item to it. Here is the link: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/podcastitem_ba.mp3

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
Cori

Post by Cori »

Oooh, fantastic, Bart! I'll work on one for this week, then :) Think I have a few other bits and pieces knocking about, waiting to be used -- but if anyone else would like to contribute, it'd be VERY much appreciated!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Hi Cori,

I have made a short recording (about 4:44) with some personal thoughts about books, words, audio-books and LibriVox, If you can use it now or at some other time you are welcome. I have uploaded into your folder here:

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/cs/podcastitem_aboutbooks_lr.mp3

Lars
Cori

Post by Cori »

Thankyou ever so much, Lars!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!