LibriVox 6th Anniversary Podcast

Non-reading activities need your help too!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

It doesn't seem possible that it's a year since the 5th anniversary, but here we go again!

LibriVox 6th Anniversary Podcast

If you'd like to do a contribution on a particular subject, please post here or PM me. Even if you can't record it, I'm happy to read it for you. I think a limit of 2-3 minutes is sensible, or I won't be able to fit everything in. I shall be especially pleased if people contribute on the lines of "Thoughts of a reader" as in this thread. Other languages welcome, naturally.

Even if you don't do anything else, it will be great if as many people as possible record 'Happy 6th Anniversary LibriVox!' Add a little message if you like.

You have until 7th of August to upload your Anniversary messages. The Podcast will be released on the 10th, for our sixth anniversary celebrations.

Please upload any contributions to the rg - RuthieG folder, naming the file: 6anni_[YOUR INITIALS].mp3 e.g. 6anni_bb.mp3 Usual MP3 formats apply. No ID3 tags needed. When that's done please post the URL in this thread, along with the duration.

I may also be asking you to sing, depending on what musical masterpiece I produce this year. :lol:

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
slmitchell

Post by slmitchell »

[link removed, so as not so spoil the surprise on Anniversary Day - admin rg] @19.2 seconds

I actually posted this in the "Volunteers Wanted: Other Projects" area. I'm a dummy when it comes to forum posting. I posted the link here, also.

It's a goofy message but I mean well. :D :hmm:
"Seriously, I can't ever imagine taking myself seriously!"
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

I've removed your other post :D
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
neckertb

Post by neckertb »

Ruth wrote:I may also be asking you to sing, depending on what musical masterpiece I produce this year.
Oh yeah, my husband is still registered since his only contribution to the I love librivox song, I'm sure I can get him to it again (and I will too). Want some music too?
We can do basically any brass, plus flute and clarinet :wink:
Nadine

Les enfants du capitaine Grant

Live in a death + 70 country? Have a look at Legamus
slmitchell

Post by slmitchell »

ahhh thank you very much for removing the other post. :oops:
"Seriously, I can't ever imagine taking myself seriously!"
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

It's lovely, Steve! Thank you!

Nadine: thank you. I always wondered who that was in the I Love LibriVox song... I got a bit confused. Many of the voices I knew of course, but not that one. :) It is one of my favourite bits. (Just listened to it again. It's one of the files that never gets moved to my external drive. It's going to be hard to top that one.)

At the moment, it is taking shape as a collection of Edwardian Music Hall choruses... adapted for LibriVox, of course! Now I need to find a big song for everybody.

Ruth
ExEmGe

Post by ExEmGe »

Would this do?
[link removed, so as not so spoil the surprise on Anniversary Day - admin rg]
It's 5 mins though.
Do not hesitate to bin, hack or whatever
Regards
Andy Minter
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Thank you, Andy. :) I am sitting here chuckling away. It will be a splendid addition.

EDIT: I spluttered into a roar of laughter at the end, alarming the cat. I am now going to remove your link, so no-one else hears it until the big day.

Ruth
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

I've PMed you my submission Ruth, so as not to spoil the surprise here :P
Hint, it is 1:38 long. :twisted:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

Now I have found my way here.
The file i uploaded is 03:46 in length (including 1 second at the start and 5 at the end).

Will be looking forward to the 6th Anniversary Podcast. LibriVox has come a very long way in these years.

Lars :D
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Last call for contributions, please. I shall do the final edit on 7th August.

Nothing longer than 2-3 minutes, please, as I should like the podcast to be no more than 45 minutes in total, and we are already up to over half an hour. If you have a major topic to cover, it would be better to hold on to it for a dedicated podcast on the subject. We really will try to make them more regular again in future.

Ruth
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Ruth,

If it's OK, I still want to submit a 2-3 minute piece about being a newbie here and thoughts on the whole LibriVox experience. I will get it in to you in a day or two.

Bob
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

That's fine, Bob. I am expecting yours. This was really just a reminder for anyone else who might be considering contributing.

Ruth
bobgon55

Post by bobgon55 »

Hi Ruth,

Here is my contribution to the 6th Anniversary podcast. I have included a "Thank you, Ruth" at the beginning if you are going to do a segue/intro to playing my piece (if there is still room to include it). You can edit it out if you don't want to use it. Hope this is to your liking.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/rg/6anni_bg.mp3

Duration - 2:34

Thank you for letting me be a part of the podcast!

Bob
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Thanks, Bob! I have never done this before either, so I am a little nervous about my 'grand production'. ;)

Ruth