A newbie introduction

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
david wales

Post by david wales »

Hello, David Wales here. I am retired and have some time to devote to librivox and looking forward to it. I live in the Los Angeles area. I am interested in gardening, dogs (I have four: 2 dachshunds, 1 welsh corgi, and 1 mutt -- I know, probably too many, but what can I say, I fell in love with each one), history and sociology of Britain, American history and sociology, especially the Civil War and WWII, science in general, English and American literature (especially the 18th, 19th, and early 20th centuries) I am an Anglophile. My relaxation reading tends to mysteries, adventure, and humor. Peace, David
Peace, David
Samanem

Post by Samanem »

Hi David! Welcome to Librivox! I'll paste some links below for when you're ready to get started with recording. We do have a format for tech specs that we need to have consistent for all our files so that they can be handled on the far end uniformly, as I'm sure you can understand. The links will also explain how to upload here at Librivox. People here are very helpful and friendly, so don't be afraid to ask any questions you have along the way.

Here's the Newbie Guide to Recording: Newbie Guide to Recording

But the first step will be to upload a 1-Minute Test Recording: 1-Minute Test This test is of course not for any kind of audition purposes, just to make sure it fits our format technically. Once that's out of the way, you can dive into the projects listed on the threads and pick something (hopefully starting short and easy since the editing is what takes the most time!), or you can find something in the public domain ("PD") on your own and read that.

Enjoy yourself here - and give us a holler if you need any help!
Samanem :D
"I ask to be allowed to have a lamp in the evening;
it is indeed wearisome sitting alone in the dark." ~ William Tyndale (1494-1536)
|