[SOLO] The Pursuit of the House-Boat by J. K. Bangs -ba

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
UnfamiliarMemory

Post by UnfamiliarMemory »

Thanks for your help, neckertb! Chapter 1 should be fixed now, and here's chapter 2: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/pursuitofthehouseboat_02_bangs.mp3
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello,
I'm a bit confused as to whether Nadine is your dpl or not. If she isn't, I'd be happy to do it. I just listened to a snipet of chapter two and really liked your expressive voice.

All the best,
Sandra.
PS your username is Unfamiliar Memory but I'd feel rather odd calling you that. What's your name?
Sandra.
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

Hi Sandra!

Nadine couldn't pickup this project, so you are welcome to take it.
I'll add you to the MW.

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Thanks Bart. I got in fine. This project was just what I needed to get my mw editing skills back up to scratch. By the way, Unfamiliar Memory? I don't know the length of the chapter. You'll have to add that in yourself because the speech programme I use can't read the spinbox in windows media player. I know I should have timed it myself with the Braille watch but I forgot.

All the best,
Sandra.
UnfamiliarMemory

Thank you, Sandra! I'll add the time to the MW myself, and in the future I'll be sure to mention it when I post a new chapter.

My name is Emma, by the way.

(Also, I've got a sore throat right now so I haven't been able to record, but I'll get back to this as soon as I feel better.)

ETA: I swear I've been pronouncing the "S" at the end of the author's name, but for some reason it's getting lost in the recording process. I would like to fix it, but I can't figure out how to do so when I don't know why it's happening.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Emma,
you've got a sore throat? oh poor you. I'm a singer in real life so I've been there and it's not fun.

Are you using a headphone microphone? I noticed you kind of faid in and out sometimes and that might be chopping off your esses. Maybe when you say his name, you could try being more forthright with that one.

By the way, I'm co-ordinating a book called piano and song, (which needs a lot of narrating). I'm trying to find two or three people to split it between. Interested?

All the best,
Sandra.
UnfamiliarMemory

Sorry, when I signed up for this project I had no idea how hectic my real life was going to get. I have no idea how long it's going to take me to finish it now, but I'll keep plugging away.

Here's chapter 3: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/pursuitofthehouseboat_03_bangs.mp3

The length is 14:45.
bart
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by bart »

unfamiliar memory wrote:Sorry, when I signed up for this project I had no idea how hectic my real life was going to get. I have no idea how long it's going to take me to finish it now, but I'll keep plugging away.
Don't worry about the target date. As long as we hear from you every month or so, it's ok.
I changed your target date to 2012-02-01

Bart
Alle Nederlandstalige projecten op de Librivox Boekenplank
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello again,
I know what you mean about being behind with Librivox work. I've got a solo of my own waiting for me to post sections. You're about three chapters ahead of me, ha ha ha! Anyway, to business, chapter three:

At about seven minutes into the recording, there’s a short noise before you say, “That’s a good plan.” Twelve minutes in, there’s a slight hesitation when you say “augmenting.” Other than that it’s pl okay and it made me laugh a lot!

All the best,
Sandra.
PS, we heard the S in Bangs this time.
UnfamiliarMemory

Squeaking in under the wire for this month: I fixed Chapter 3 and I've got Chapter 4 here: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/pursuitofthehouseboat_04_bangs.mp3

The length of Chapter 4 is 14:28.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Emma,
Long time no chat. I've just listened to chapter four and it's pl okay. We're getting there, slowly but surely. Things are going pretty slowly for me too with my own solo book. I've recorded most of it but I'm very very very slow when it comes to editing. All my chapters need to be edited and amplified even after I've gone over them. Oh well. How are you keeping Emma?

All the best,
Sandra.
Last edited by Sandra7 on July 22nd, 2011, 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
UnfamiliarMemory

Hi Sandra! Good to hear from you. Thank you for the PL on chapter 4. Unfortunately it looks like I'm not going to be getting chapter 5 done this month, although hopefully I'll get two chapters done in June to make up for it. I've been very busy with job-hunting and getting ready to move house, so a lot of the things that I'd like to be doing are falling by the wayside.
UnfamiliarMemory

Chapter 5: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/pursuitofthehouseboat_05_bangs.mp3 (13:46)
Chapter 6: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/pursuitofthehouseboat_06_bangs.mp3 (15:30)

Listen as I try and fail to do a stereotypical pirate accent and horribly mangle French terms! It's very exciting.
UnfamiliarMemory

And here's chapter 7: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ba/pursuitofthehouseboat_07_bangs.mp3

The length of this chapter is 14:15.
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello Emma,
Sorry for the delay, I’m catching up with my admin and with it, my Librivox duties. Chapter five is great apart from the hesitation about five minutes in: “That’s where the money is and to get it…” Within the same minute, there are a few rustlings. Chapter six is fab. Chapter seven has a very slight hesitation seventeen minutes in. They’re talking about business and there’s a small gap just before the word thing. Apart from that it’s PL OK. I’m too tired to take on the magic window. I hope that’s alright.

All the best,
Sandra.