'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Hamlet (Hamlet) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Brad.
This is in reference to David Copperfield.
His reading is amazing, he has an amazing skill conveying the text to listening.
He transposes himself into a role, uses different voice inflections, modulations and makes listening to his soothing voice a pleasure.
I mention also his reading is flowless, pronunciations.
I thank him.

Val

All of Hamlet's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Hamlet

Post by Hamlet »

As nice as this is to read, I'm rather confused. I haven't finished David Copperfield yet. In fact, I've been taking way too long with it, in my opinion.

Brad
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hamlet wrote: February 28th, 2023, 4:10 am As nice as this is to read, I'm rather confused. I haven't finished David Copperfield yet. In fact, I've been taking way too long with it, in my opinion.

Brad
Which means that he is listening to it, and it has not been cataloged. Ouch.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Cori——I hadn’t known that it was even possible to thank a librivox reader, but your reading of The Scarlet Letter is so excellent that
I looked to see if it were possible to express appreciation—so, yes, I found it can be done, and here is my appreciation. I’m about to read
the novel Hester and so I decided to revisit, after many years, Hawthorne’s original. Now even though it is often wonderful, Hawthorne’s
prose is also demanding, sometimes even difficult, Therefore, to make this rereading easier, I turned to librivox, and was greatly helped
by your efforts. To just be brief about the whole thing, let me say that I can hardly imagine a better reading than yours. And just as it is
helpful to read Shakespeare via listening to professional actors, so your reading enhanced The Scarlet Letter in such a way as to make
it almost easy, and indeed, as far as I am concerned, a very pleasant experience. Thank you so much.

Jim
retired English teacher
Syracuse NY USA

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mark Nelson, You are my favorite LibriVox reader. Checking my email history I see that I have been sending you thank-you notes for nine years! In early 2021 I listened to the last of your readings that interested me and considered it the end of a wonderful era. A few weeks ago I discovered that you have continued adding books. Great! I recently completed listening to the 1875 novel A Journey to the Interior of the Earth by Jules Verne (https://librivox.org/journey-into-the-interior-of-the-earth-jules-verne/). Thank you! I have downloaded a few more by you and look forward to upcoming workouts and driving errands. You and LibriVox make my world better.

Jon
Alexis, NC
and...
Thank you for your reading of Love Among the Chickens by P.G. Wodehouse. I laughed and laughed through the entire thing, what a great book and you read it with perfect comedic timing. You are an awesome reader that really breathed life into the book and I really appreciate the time and work you put into Librivox.

- Lauren from Kansas, February 2023
and...
Mark,

Really appreciate all of the sci-fi stories you read! It has really
made me enjoy the golden age of Science Fiction that I did not
previously have access to! It is also great to know what you do will
further bear fruit in the minds for generations to come :)!

Robert
Columbus Texas

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for tmendoza44 (Terra Mendoza) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The Black Moth version 2 read by Terra Mendoza.

This lady did a fantastic version with different voices for each character - well done indeed.

Thanks go to her for her wonderful version!

Carolyn

All of Terra's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bart (Bart de Leeuw) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Beste Bart,

Vriendelijk bedankt voor Uw prettige leestrant en boeken keuze. Het is zo aangenaam om naar U te luisteren. Ik hoorde U voor het eerst met het boek van Dik Trom. Daarna luisterde ik het ene boek na het andere. U zong zelfs liedjes in het boek van Dik Trom en ook in die van Tijl Uilenspiegel. Meesterlijk. Uw zachte G maakt het luisteren zelfs nog fijner. Ik heb pas de helft van Uw boeken beluisterd, dus ik prijs mij gelukkig fat ik er nog velen te goed heb! Uw boeken keuze is ook erg goed. Fijne avonturen verhalen van klassieke schrijvers.

Dank U beleefd en wel! Ik hoop dat ik nog vele boeken van U mag horen!

Jeroen
61 Jaar

All of Bart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just delightful. Enjoying the Sherlock Holmes series enormously, making me love it all over again. Thank you David.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for NKWhitley (Nick Whitley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr. Whitley,

I’m am an 8 year old in the U.S. and my mom and I LOVE “The Children of the New Forest.”My mom started to read it to me and then we found out about your recording on Librivox. We love your voices for everyone in the book. It’s funny because I have the same name as one of the characters from “The Children of the New Forest.” You can bring all the characters to life!You read at the perfect pace.THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Thank you,Alice

All of Nick's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for BobR (Bob R) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello Bob,
Your ability to give voice to characters is quite remarkable! I enjoy your readings so much, I am seeking them out. Being able to listen to great stories as I work, brings me much comfort and enjoyment. I really want to thank you for volunteering your time and putting so much effort into bringing these characters to life. I have no problem keeping track the storyline because of your immense talent.
Thanks again, Penny (Black Hills, SD)

All of Bob's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for chocoholic (Laurie Anne Walden) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you Laurie Anne Walden for your great reading of E. Nesbit’s the Book of Dragons. I have listened a number of times on my own; I listened with my children and I use it with my students at school.

PS. Have you listened to Ruth Golding’s reading of E. Nesbit’s retelling of The Tempest. It is also incredible.
and...
Thank you to Laurie Anne Walden for a wonderful reading of The Death of Ivan Ilyitch by Leo Tolstoy

https://librivox.org/the-death-of-ivan-ilyitch-by-leo-tolstoy/

It was fabulous, and I am really grateful for it.

Barty

All of Laurie Anne's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for simonevers (Simon Evers) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank you LibriVox for your reader Simon Evers,
I’d like to thank Simon Evers myself for such a journey of heartfelt stories that helped me through a lot of sleepless nights, that turned into a hunger for more of your voice, more stories, not wanting them to end. I’ve listened to all the stories I could find and them over and over, you take me to those times where I can escape; laugh, cry and so much more. I have found no one that can read with the skillful smoothness of tone you do. I just want more please?

Again thank you 😊

All of Simon's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Tricia,

I so enjoyed your reading of Grace Livingston Hill's Miranda trilogy, especially your singing of the many old hymns! Now I'm listening to The Autobiography of a "Newspaper Girl" and will listen to Campaigns of Curiosity after that.

Many thanks for your work which has given me hours of enjoyment!

God bless you.

- Catherine in Canada
All of Tricia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MMateo (Maritza Mateo) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Estimada Sra. Mateo,

Acabo de terminar de escuchar la grabación de El Peregrino - Viaje de Cristiano a la Ciudad Celestial - John Bunyan.
https://librivox.org/el-peregrino-by-john-bunyan/
Su dicción y su capacidad para dar vida a la historia son maravillosas. Fue un placer escuchar su grabación de este bonísimo libro. ¡Muchas gracias!

Atentamente,

Grace

All of Maritza's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for dii (Diana Majlinger) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms Majlinger,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to express my heartfelt gratitude for your contribution to Librivox.org, particularly for your reading of Wallace Wattles' (https://librivox.org/the-science-of-getting-rich-by-wallace-d-wattles/) "The Science of Getting Rich."

Your voice brought the words to life, and I found myself fully engrossed in the book as I listened to your reading. Your dedication to the project is truly admirable, and I am grateful for the time and effort you put into recording the book.

"The Science of Getting Rich" has been an inspiration to many, and your reading has made it accessible to people like me who prefer to listen to audiobooks. Your interpretation of the text was clear, passionate, and engaging, which made it all the more enjoyable to listen to.

I have learned so much from this book, and it has given me a new perspective on life and the importance of having a positive mindset. Your reading has made a profound impact on me, and I am sure that it has done the same for many others.

Thank you once again for sharing your talent with us on Librivox.org. Your contribution has made a difference in the lives of many, and for that, I am truly grateful.

With warmest regards,

J

All of Diana's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!