'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for FabulaeAudi (Abigail Rasmussen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Abigail Rasmussen,
On behalf of myself and my five sisters, I would like to thank you for reading “a peep behind the scenes” by Mrs. O.F . Walton! You did a splendid job! Us girls listen to librivox recordings ever night before going to sleep and we are Huge fans of Mrs. O.F Walton! You certainly justified the book. After finishing the book we immediately wanted to find more books you had read! You read with good emotion and feeling, we really got the impression you liked this book as much as we do! We have listened to several others you did, and enjoyed them just as much! Thank you also librivox for having such good Godly material as Mrs. O.F Walton and others like her!

Whatever you do, do your work [a]heartily, as for the Lord and not for people, knowing that it is from the Lord that you will receive the reward of the inheritance. It is the Lord Christ whom you serve. Colossians 3:23-24

We are Christians and think this verse of the Bible is very fitting. Have a blessed day!

In Christ,

a group of Thankful sisters

All of Abigail's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Al-Kadi (Christian Al-Kadi) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Herzlichen Dank für Ihre Zeit und Ihr Engagement.
Sie lesen sehr angenehm, es war eine Freude, zuzuhören und Sie haben mir eine gute Zeit geschenkt. Besonders positiv ist mir aufgefallen, dass Sie neben Deutsch auch Englisch und Französisch sehr gut und natürlich aussprechen, das Hörer-Hirn wird also nicht durch Diskrepanzen abgelenkt.

Das Buch gehört nicht unbedingt zu den einfachsten Texten, Sie haben es sehr, sehr gut gemacht!

Dies sind meine ersten „Gehversuche“ mit Librivox, ich habe zunächst bevorzugt auf Englisch gehört. Nun werde ich gezielt auch nach anderen Projekten von Ihnen Ausschau halten.
Vielen Dank für die Freude und Entspannung, die Sie anderen Menschen mit Ihrem Einsatz schenken :)

All of Christian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Plodmore (Russ Hobbs) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for an outstanding rendition/reading of the Dream of Gerontius by John Henry Newman. Your diction and pacing brought to life the depth of feeling in each line.
I thoroughly enjoy your work each time I listen to it.
Thank you for sharing your talents,
Anthony

All of Russ' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for songstress4life (Kymberli Welch) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I listened with much enjoyment to Kymberli's reading of "Muriel's Bright Idea," the third chapter of Stories Worth Re-reading (author: various).
https://librivox.org/stories-worth-rereading-by-various/
Kymberli's energetic, expressive interpretation conveyed very well, I am sure, the meaning and sentiments that the author (Pansy) intended to communicate to her readers.
Please express to Kymberli my thanks to her contributions to the library of Librivox recordings. I intend to listen to more of her Librivox readings and anticipate enjoying her skillful oral rendering of those selections as well.

Sincerely,
David

All of Kymberli's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Caeristhiona (Kirsten Ferreri) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I searched the Librivox library today in hope of finding selections from George Herbert's "The Temple," and especially the poem "The Sacrifice." Thanks to Kirsten (among others), I was not disappointed. Thank you, Kirsten, for taking the time to record your reading of selections from Herbert's great work. My meditations on the ultimate sacrifice and his unequaled grief were enriched by Herbert's genius and your skillful oral interpretation https://librivox.org/from-the-temple-by-george-herbert/.
I also noticed by clicking on your name that you have been very generous in your contributions to the Livrivox library--many hours of reading aloud from many authors in several different genres. Thank you for this ample gift to listeners like me!

Sincerely,
David

All of Kirsten's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for sjmarky (Mark Nelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

I'd like to pass on my sincere thanks to Mark Nelson for his reading of War and Peace.

I thought it was a fabulous reading, in every way. The book was brought alive, it was possible to identify characters through the tone of the voice (often subtly), and I felt like there was a real love / appreciation for the literature.

It also must have taken a tremendous amount of time, obviously. And for all of it I am very grateful.

I downloaded it prior to driving across most of the USA. The book far exceeded the length of that journey, and so since then I have been listening to it while doing chores, brushing my teeth, in bed, etc. Listening to it slowly like that it has taken months to get through. It has been an extremely enjoyable experience.

Some people I know referred to War and Peace as the best book they had ever read, so I thought I had better give it a try. And certainly I think it is one of the best books I have ever come across. Eye opening and interesting.

I listened to every last bit of it, right down to the end of the Second Epilogue.

So, please pass on my sincere thanks to Mark Nelson.

Also, my sincere thanks to the Librivox project and all the volunteers involved. I have just come across it, and it is amazing. I feel when people do something out of love, it has so much more substance than when they do it for profit. And that can be tangible.

Sincerely,

Peter

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for alexfoster (Alex Foster) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Many thanks to Alex Foster for reading The Invisible Man. He did a superb job of making the story come alive!

- Bob

All of Alex's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for your great readings of William books.
I was a bit disappointed that you chose not to continue.
It would have been great to have a series of William stories with the
same narrator..
especially a good narrator like yourself.

kind regards

/Mårten

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Cori Samuel, Thank you for your excellent reading of the 1894 novel The Wood Beyond the World (https://librivox.org/the-wood-beyond-the-world-by-william-morris/) by William Morris. Your voice, tone, and pace make listening to you a pleasure. Walking on the treadmill daily is something I look forward to when I am listening to a book you have read. Without you and LibriVox I doubt if I ever would have been exposed to this historic fantasy. Thanks!

Jon
Alexis, NC, USA

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature, regarding her recording of Ponnamal:
With thanks to "Mary Ann. Was greatly moved by this reading of Amy Wilson Carmichael . Thank you so much Roy

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for InTheDesert (InTheDesert) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your excellent reading of The Righteous Man's Refuge and A practical Treatise of Fear by John Flavel. Yor voice and presentation are a pleasure to listen to. I notice Librivox has no recordings of any work by A. W. Pink. I would suggest you consider any works of Pink. Thank you.

All of InTheDesert's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Monaxi (A LibriVox Volunteer) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to express my thanks to all the wonderful volunteer readers at Librivox, but especially "A Librivox Volunteer" Whoever she may be. Thank you for reading the works by St John Chrysostom. I have been listening to your voice for years, especially the 90 homilies on the Book of Matthew. I am on my 4th go round and have benefited greatly from you reading these important works. I see you are working on 2nd Corinthians and look forward to its release. Again THANK YOU for your endless hours of volunteer work, may you have a rich reward for your generosity to strangers.

All of this LibriVox Volunteer's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
It’s important for Dr Watson to sound like an Englishman. Otherwise, part of the magic goes.
Please thank Mr Clarke for his readings. I have listened to all of them, and to my favorites over and over. I have a tin American ear for accents, but to me he sounds like Watson, and he never overstresses, leaving me free to laugh at the jokey bits.
I am so glad he read all the stories.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
erborroughs

Post by erborroughs »

Wow, Music is just what I like for bedtime listening, and the narration and sound quality from @martywell is phenomenal. Thank you Martha. All of Martha's recordings here. PM sent.
martywell

Post by martywell »

Thanks so much for the kind words. Sorry about that PM business. I goofed when changing my notifications setting and u will fix that. Marty