'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GregGiordano (Greg Giordano) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Greg--I have just listened to your reading of Irving's Abbotsford
and Newstead Abbey and am now listening to Tales of A Traveler. I have
fallen in love with Washington Irving (I have been avoiding him until
now) thanks to your voice and style (I have fallen in love with them too!)

Thank you for doing this reading for us and please keep it up.

Listening happily,

Sheri

All of Greg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Judges4

Post by Judges4 »

I want to thank mom_of_nine (Theresa L. Downey) for her reading of Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss. I just finished my fifth listen in less than three months, and I’ll probably be going back for a sixth. I feel like Katy is one of my best friends right now, and I know that Theresa’s reading style has a lot to do with how “alive” all the characters are in my head. So thank you THANK YOU, Theresa, for taking the time to record that whole book for others (like me) to listen to while they’re cleaning the house and baking.
-Jael <><
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for bgdavid (David Clarke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Mr Clarke

I want to say thank you for your great work.
I love your reading in every way! It’s so accurate, matching the characters, with your wonderful voice.

Warm greetings
from Switzerland

Maya

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for flavo5000 (Ben Tucker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
A big thank you to Ben Tucker for his reading of "over my dead body".
I Love listening to you! I haven’t thought of Nero Wolfe in many years. I hope you continue to read for LibriVox.

All of Ben's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Adrian (Adrian Praezellis) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Congratulations Adrian for your excellent reading of Tess of the Dubervilles.

I enjoy your Tess very much.

Fernando
Melbourne

All of Adrian's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cori (Cori Samuel) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Your narration of "My school days," by E. Nesbit is absolutely perfect. Thank you so much, for your skill and for your dedication as a LibriVox volunteer reader.

--Mollie
Los Angeles

All of Cori's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just wanted to say a big thank you for your recording of The Old Curiosity Shop by Charles Dickens. That was a big novel and I really enjoyed it. You did an amazing job recording and appreciate your time and effort. Much thanks from Lauren of Kansas, USA.

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear reader (Gorden Mackenzie) of Thoreau's Walden,
i have enjoyed it many times, over many years -
love walden, and you read it very well.
I thank you for the effort you made to make the recording available.
Wishing you all the best.

I enjoy chapter 5 so much, I included a link on my website .

Many thanks!

Cat

All of Gord's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Expatriate (Expatriate) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wish to extend a warm thank-you to "Expatriate from Bangor, Maine," for his narration of "Autobiography of a Super-Tramp."

This is such a startling memoir, really disturbing at times, but such a testimony to the persistence and endurance of particular individuals.

I appreciated the skill with which you read, your steady pace, but appropriate passion and change of expression as various events unfolded. I see that you have given many hours to LibriVox. I thank you.

--Mollie
Los Angeles

All of Expatriate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kirsten Wever (Kirsten Wever) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just listened to your reading of ‘The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club’. Thank You, it was so enjoyable. I love the Lord Wimsey novels. I hope you honor us again with another reading soon.
Evelyn

All of Kirsten's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for kayray (Kara Shallenberg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your excellent reading of 'Our Island Story' Kara, you do such a good job!
https://librivox.org/our-island-story-part-1-by-he-marshall/

All of Kara's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pipesdreams (Moira Fogarty) and ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,
I'd like to thank two readers in particular. First, Moira Fogherty who read most of the Art of War. During periods of my life where sleep eluded me, I reached for this audiobook because I didn't think the contents would ever interest me. I first found such a comforting and pleasant voice that could absolutely calm my rushing thoughts. As time went on I found myself listening to the contents of what was read and absolutely fell in love with Sun Tzu's way of expressing his thoughts. Even now, if I reach for it to start to lull myself to sleep, I'll get a few minutes in before my brain starts shutting down and it has become a regular part of my routine, for sleepiness or to pass the waking hours. Moira's voice truly has become a security blanket that I can reach for in strange places to make things feel more familiar and safe.

The second reader I'd like to thank is Stuart Mills who reads Moby Dick. I'd been wanting to return to this book but was struggling to pick it up in text form so started also incorporating it into my routine before bed. Stuart's voices for all the characters plays so well with the story and his way of playing up the wordplay brings to life what I personally have described as a textbook on whaling that happens to have a story. He clearly is having a great time and it is a pleasure to listen.

Thank you to everyone involved with Librivox. I have always appreciated the project from times where I was travelling, tight on cash, or otherwise in need of a comforting presence and somehow this archive has always provided. I'm lucky to live in a world where this exists.
With gratitude,
Diana

All of Moira's recordings!
All of Stewart's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for TriciaG (TriciaG) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Tricia,
I want to thank you again for all the work you have put into recording Pansy's (Isabella Macdonald Alden) works. I find myself in bed again, a year and a half since I spent months in bed before. Both your voice and Pansy's books are my favorite daily companions. I have enjoyed other authors, such as Jane Austen, but Pansy is my go to. Thankfully, you have recorded most of her books on Librivox, and so I have a large library to choose from. Your voice is steady and easy to listen to, and whenever the pain becomes too great, I only like listening to your reading. Keep up the good work and thank you for all the time you put into quality recordings. I've never caught a squeaky door or passing siren in any of your recordings, even though I've listened to over 50. God bless you and thank you so much!

--
Jubilee

All of Tricia's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for msfry (Michele Fry) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Ms. Fry, I absolutely loved listening to you read, the "Char woman’s Shadow". Your voice is so soothing. I always listen to books before falling asleep and You lulled me to sleep! I will be listening to ALL your solo works. Thank you so very much for all your readings. LibriVox has improved my life greatly. I have enjoyed the stories and learned so much from listening!
I am dyslexic and would not have read all these great stories. I’m so fortunate to have found LibriVox.
Thank you again for reading, and I hope you will continue to read.
Lynn

All of Michele's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for neecheelok70 (Jim Locke) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you so much for reading J.F. Cooper's The Pilot.

Very memorable.

All of Jim's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!