'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Kaffen (Mark F. Smith) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Very much enjoyed your superb reading of River War.
Would you consider also reading : https://www.gutenberg.org/files/9404/9404-h/9404-h.htm the Malakand Field Force?
and...
Many thanks to Mark Smith of Simpsonville, S. C. Immensely enjoyed Robinson Crusoe and Tarzan of the Apes...so far. Read both as a child, and thoroughly enjoyed the trips down memory lane!
Margie in Southwest Arkansas.

All of Mark's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for unreadpages (Peter Tucker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to especially thank Peter Tucker for his great recitaton of Coleridge's This Lime Tree Bower My Prison. Here's a short animation I created with a part of his audio. I hope he likes it.
Farnood

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mongope (Mongope) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Estimada Monserrat Gonzalez,

Espero que este mensaje te encuentre bien. Recientemente tuve el placer de escuchar tu lectura de "Los Miserables" de Victor Hugo, y sentí la necesidad de expresar mi sincero agradecimiento por tu fantástica contribución.

Agradezco enormemente que hayas puesto esta obra maestra en formato de audio, ya que me resulta un tanto difícil encontrar tiempo para leer. Gracias a tu dedicación y talento, ahora tengo la oportunidad de disfrutar de esta gran obra literaria de una manera que se adapta perfectamente a mi rutina diaria.

Tu dedicación y habilidad para dar vida al texto hicieron que la experiencia fuera verdaderamente disfrutable. La forma en que capturaste la esencia de la historia y transmitiste las emociones de los personajes fue fantástica.

Aprecio el tiempo y esfuerzo que invertiste en crear este audiolibro, y quería tomarme un momento para decirte cuánto se valora tu trabajo.

Saludos y abrazos,

Paolo

All of Mongope's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Good evening,

Please would you convey my sincere thanks to MaryAnn for her lovely reading of North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell.

She has a clear and well timed voice and it was a pleasure to listen to this book which is quite a long one!

Many thanks and best wishes,
Frances
UK

All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for downey8kids (Brett W. Downey) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I’ve just finished listening to “King—of the Khyber Rifles” by Talbot Mundy. The best part of the book was Brett’s narration. He brought the text to life, reading with emotion and excitement. This was my first experience with Librivox, and what a terrific introduction. Thank you, Brett. Your care for the material and the effort you put into creating an excellent audiobook are much appreciated.

Martin

All of Brett's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
https://librivox.org/great-expectations-version-3-by-charles-dickens/

I have never thanked any readers, though I have listened to many books, but I specifically want to thank Mil Nicholson for her magnificent reading of Great Expectations. The many voices of the characters were absolutely brilliant – never have I heard so marvellous a rendering of any book. I previously listened to Dombey and Son, also read by Mil Nicholson and that, too was wonderful. In fact, I recommended it to a friend who “got hooked”.

Thank you so very much for bringing the works of Charles Dickens to life – I very much appreciate it and am now eager to listen to more! I am a Brit living in Canada and it is great to hear the great works truly brought to life.

Thank you!

Kind regards

Sheila

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mongope

Post by mongope »

icequeen wrote: March 5th, 2024, 8:55 pm Praise received for mongope (Mongope) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Estimada Monserrat Gonzalez,

Espero que este mensaje te encuentre bien. Recientemente tuve el placer de escuchar tu lectura de "Los Miserables" de Victor Hugo, y sentí la necesidad de expresar mi sincero agradecimiento por tu fantástica contribución.

Agradezco enormemente que hayas puesto esta obra maestra en formato de audio, ya que me resulta un tanto difícil encontrar tiempo para leer. Gracias a tu dedicación y talento, ahora tengo la oportunidad de disfrutar de esta gran obra literaria de una manera que se adapta perfectamente a mi rutina diaria.

Tu dedicación y habilidad para dar vida al texto hicieron que la experiencia fuera verdaderamente disfrutable. La forma en que capturaste la esencia de la historia y transmitiste las emociones de los personajes fue fantástica.

Aprecio el tiempo y esfuerzo que invertiste en crear este audiolibro, y quería tomarme un momento para decirte cuánto se valora tu trabajo.

Saludos y abrazos,

Paolo

All of Mongope's recordings!
¡Muchìsimas gracias, Paolo! Es un gran estímulo saber que nuestro trabajo es útil para las personas que disfrutan de los libros!

Que te acompañe siempre la felicidad :D

Montse.
Montse
unreadpages

Post by unreadpages »

icequeen wrote: March 5th, 2024, 8:52 pm Praise received for unreadpages (Peter Tucker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to especially thank Peter Tucker for his great recitaton of Coleridge's This Lime Tree Bower My Prison. Here's a short animation I created with a part of his audio. I hope he likes it.
Farnood

I'd love to see the animation Farnood was referring to. Is there any possibility of that?
Peter
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

unreadpages wrote: March 6th, 2024, 6:09 am
icequeen wrote: March 5th, 2024, 8:52 pm Praise received for unreadpages (Peter Tucker) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Farnood

I'd love to see the animation Farnood was referring to. Is there any possibility of that?
Peter
Try this link. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6lDlShRuOs&authuser=2
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
ahab

Post by ahab »

Diana -- thanks very much for these kind words. I'm very happy to hear that you have found the recording of *Moby Dick* a good experience.

Warmest regards,
Stewart
icequeen wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:29 pm Praise received for pipesdreams (Moira Fogarty) and ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,
I'd like to thank two readers in particular. First, Moira Fogherty who read most of the Art of War. During periods of my life where sleep eluded me, I reached for this audiobook because I didn't think the contents would ever interest me. I first found such a comforting and pleasant voice that could absolutely calm my rushing thoughts. As time went on I found myself listening to the contents of what was read and absolutely fell in love with Sun Tzu's way of expressing his thoughts. Even now, if I reach for it to start to lull myself to sleep, I'll get a few minutes in before my brain starts shutting down and it has become a regular part of my routine, for sleepiness or to pass the waking hours. Moira's voice truly has become a security blanket that I can reach for in strange places to make things feel more familiar and safe.

The second reader I'd like to thank is Stuart Mills who reads Moby Dick. I'd been wanting to return to this book but was struggling to pick it up in text form so started also incorporating it into my routine before bed. Stuart's voices for all the characters plays so well with the story and his way of playing up the wordplay brings to life what I personally have described as a textbook on whaling that happens to have a story. He clearly is having a great time and it is a pleasure to listen.

Thank you to everyone involved with Librivox. I have always appreciated the project from times where I was travelling, tight on cash, or otherwise in need of a comforting presence and somehow this archive has always provided. I'm lucky to live in a world where this exists.
With gratitude,
Diana

All of Moira's recordings!
All of Stewart's recordings!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

ahab wrote: March 19th, 2024, 4:22 pm Diana -- thanks very much for these kind words. I'm very happy to hear that you have found the recording of *Moby Dick* a good experience.

Warmest regards,
Stewart
icequeen wrote: January 16th, 2024, 9:29 pm Praise received for pipesdreams (Moira Fogarty) and ahab (Stewart Wills) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hello,
I'd like to thank two readers in particular. First, Moira Fogherty who read most of the Art of War. During periods of my life where sleep eluded me, I reached for this audiobook because I didn't think the contents would ever interest me. I first found such a comforting and pleasant voice that could absolutely calm my rushing thoughts. As time went on I found myself listening to the contents of what was read and absolutely fell in love with Sun Tzu's way of expressing his thoughts. Even now, if I reach for it to start to lull myself to sleep, I'll get a few minutes in before my brain starts shutting down and it has become a regular part of my routine, for sleepiness or to pass the waking hours. Moira's voice truly has become a security blanket that I can reach for in strange places to make things feel more familiar and safe.

The second reader I'd like to thank is Stuart Mills who reads Moby Dick. I'd been wanting to return to this book but was struggling to pick it up in text form so started also incorporating it into my routine before bed. Stuart's voices for all the characters plays so well with the story and his way of playing up the wordplay brings to life what I personally have described as a textbook on whaling that happens to have a story. He clearly is having a great time and it is a pleasure to listen.

Thank you to everyone involved with Librivox. I have always appreciated the project from times where I was travelling, tight on cash, or otherwise in need of a comforting presence and somehow this archive has always provided. I'm lucky to live in a world where this exists.
With gratitude,
Diana

All of Moira's recordings!
All of Stewart's recordings!
I passed your response on for you! Thanks Stewart!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for josvanaken (josvanaken) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hallo,

Dies ist ein Danke schön für die Geschichte "Der Mondstein",
https://librivox.org/der-mondstein-by-wilkie-collins/, gelesen von
josvanaken.

Mir hat diese Geschichte sehr gut gefallen, und sie ist wirklich schön
vorgelesen. Das Zuhören hat grossen Spaß gemacht, vielen Dank!

Katharina

All of josvanaken's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Margaret (Margaret Espaillat) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Margaret,

I enjoyed your reading of Middlemarch immensely. In fact, so much that I
have revisited many chapters twice or more times.

I really felt as if I were inside the characters' heads as the worked
there way through various situations.

Thank you.

- Ernest

All of Margaret's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Deborah (Deborah Brabyn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Deborah Brabyn,

Thank you so much for your wonderful reading of William Morris’s “Signs of Change”!!!

Walter

Toronto, ON

Canada

All of Deborah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for THynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you! Please pass the following onto Tadhg Hynes.

I just finished listening to Mr. Hynes’ riveting reading of David Copperfield! I am bereft without these lively characters who have been in my life as I embroidered and cross stitched through the chapters! Honestly, you made each character so memorable with every nuance and inflection. I can’t imagine how you sustained those many hours and kept at it unfalteringly.
Gratefully,
Ann

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!