[FIXED] Dante (italian) problems

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Dear Librivox:

I have been listening to and greatly enjoying your recording of Dante in Italian. I wonder whether you are aware that chapters 6 and 8 are incomplete. In both cases I am able to get only the first and part of the second Canti, where there should be five. It seems to me that the problem may be connected with the fact that those particular readers read in a painfully slow way and may have run into some kind of a time constraint.

Sincerely yours,

Paul S
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

http://librivox.org/la-divina-commedia-by-dante-alighieri/

Section 6 says at the beginning that it will be Canti 26 - 30 of book 1, but ends at Canto 26; section 7 begins at 31.

Section 8 says at the beginning it will be Canti 1 - 5 of book 2, but cuts off suddenly in mid-sentence halfway through Canto 3.
Karen S.
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Riccardo has agreed to record the missing Canti. Grazie mille, Riccardo! :)
Karen S.
paola toldo

Post by paola toldo »

Dear Karen, Dear Riccardo,

Would you like me to proof-listen to the recordings of the missing Canti?

It would be great for me!

Paola :)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

That would be great, Paola, thank you. Riccardo will be posting the files in this thread when he finishes them.
Karen S.
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

This post pointed out that there's another section with Canti missing:
Leni wrote:Indeed, chapter 12 has only canto XXII, when it should have XXII-XXVIII. The reader says in the intro that it will have all those canti, and the file has no outro either (while the others do have), so maybe it was actually recorded but the file got truncated at some point. The reader only read that one section and never came back since 2007, so I suppose it would be easier to have someone else record the missing canti and paste it in the section.
If you'd be up for that one too, Riccardo, that would be great!
Karen S.
Riccardo

Post by Riccardo »

Yes I'm here.
Sooner or later I'll start sending them.
Riccardo

Post by Riccardo »

News: I'm not ready yet, but I've already started recording and editing. Few canti missing.
Riccardo

Post by Riccardo »

Section 06 reloaded, Inferno: Canti XXVI-XXX

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ks/divina_commedia_06_alighieri.mp3

time: 41:59

The file is already edited, mixing the existing part with mine. My recording starts at Canto XXVII.

Notes for PL:
Non è molto librivoxy, ma per la lettura di questi 4 canti non ho usato il testo proposto, bensì l'edizione che usai a scuola; in realtà pensavo che le differenze fossero minori: quella più evidente è che l'e-text scrive spesso "d'i" per "dei", mentre il mio testo scrive sempre "de' ", altra che ho notato è Orbino (e-text) per Urbino. Per maggiore rassicurazione: quella che ho usato io, ci venne presentata come la migliore edizione critica per quel che riguarda l'Inferno, mentre, a occhio e croce, l'e-text ha usato l'edizione che ho io del Purgatorio e Paradiso (a sua volta presentata come migliore per il Purgatorio).
Riccardo

Post by Riccardo »

Section 08, Purgatorio: Canti I-V

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ks/divina_commedia_08_alighieri.mp3

time: 47:36

My recording starts at Canto III
Riccardo

Post by Riccardo »

Section 12, Purgatorio: Canti XXII-XXVII

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ks/divina_commedia_12_alighieri.mp3

time: 45:31

My recording from Canto XXIII
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Grazie, Riccardo! I'll PM Paola in case she's not receiving notices from this thread.
Karen S.
paola toldo

Post by paola toldo »

gypsygirl wrote:I'll PM Paola in case she's not receiving notices from this thread.
Thank you, Karen! :D

Please, what kind of PL-ing is required here?
paola toldo

Post by paola toldo »

Riccardo wrote: Notes for PL:
Non è molto librivoxy, ma per la lettura di questi 4 canti non ho usato il testo proposto, bensì l'edizione che usai a scuola; in realtà pensavo che le differenze fossero minori: quella più evidente è che l'e-text scrive spesso "d'i" per "dei", mentre il mio testo scrive sempre "de' ", altra che ho notato è Orbino (e-text) per Urbino. Per maggiore rassicurazione: quella che ho usato io, ci venne presentata come la migliore edizione critica per quel che riguarda l'Inferno, mentre, a occhio e croce, l'e-text ha usato l'edizione che ho io del Purgatorio e Paradiso (a sua volta presentata come migliore per il Purgatorio).
Riccardo, potresti gentilmente farmi sapere quale edizione usasti a scuola?

Grazie! :)
gypsygirl

Post by gypsygirl »

Standard PL only.
Karen S.