[COMPLETE]At Agincourt-White Hoods of Paris / G.A. Henty-arb

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
dormouse3

Post by dormouse3 »

annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

dormouse3 wrote:What took the hour? First finding thr error, in the copy and then in the recording, which was not immediately available. Then trying to match the audios (I HATE IT whn the edits don't match) and then editing it into the original. Then saving as 06A and uploading, etc. Is there a better way? MdM
What software are you using - sorry if I have asked before - old age you know :D
I use Audacity doesn't take anywhere near that time. I find the spot , record the whole sentence again - it shows up underneath - cut and paste over original , delete extra track, listen. If it sounds awful undo and try again

Anne
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

I usually just post comments to MW. I will post my updates to both the MW and the thread next time if I find something that needs updated. :thumbs:
M Z Spark
(nerd in hiding!) :-)
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi Mike Z
Unless you post in the thread , people do not get reminder emails and so will not notice comments - with something like this I probably would have not posted every chapter . I tend to change the MW , then post saying "1-5 PL OK"
Or 1-4 PL OK
5 missed word at 12:35
so not necessarily every chapter but I try to post things that need fixing asap

Anne
dormouse3

Post by dormouse3 »

I use Audacity, Anne, but slowly and with little skill;. Mike, I didn't know (until now) to look in the MW and will start, so don't feel you have to double up to let me know of the errors. I'll check the MW. Thanks to both of you for understanding this old fart takes time to learn new tricks. MdM
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Thanks for the suggestion Anne, that is a good idea. I will do that going forward. :-)

Hey Mike, no worries, I am still learning my way around too. Pretty soon we'll have this down pat. ;-)
M Z Spark
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Sorry Mike/Anne I was out sick yesterday. I am a migraineur and when I get them I am out of commission for the day. I am back on the job today tho. :-)
M Z Spark
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

Ch 9 - 27:23-27:26 - There's a pause in the reading that needs to be pulled out. Otherwise it sounds good.
M Z Spark
dormouse3

Post by dormouse3 »

MikeZane wrote:Ch 9 - 27:23-27:26 - There's a pause in the reading that needs to be pulled out. Otherwise it sounds good.
Mike, I haven't finished Chapter IX - A PRISONER. Might you be thinking of an earlier chapter? And if you can, feel free to make any edits that seem appropriate - removing a silence is one example. Thanks much - MdM
dormouse3

Post by dormouse3 »

i'M WORKING ON THE DRAGON right now, so excuse the confusing
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

I don't own one of those microphones yet so I can't edit using Audacity, but am going to pick one up over the weekend. :-) Still okay with me pulling out the errors I found? Do I just upload the changes or do you want to listen to them first?
M Z Spark
dormouse3

Post by dormouse3 »

Mike, if you need words added, let me know - I can do that and upload any missing paragraphs. Doubling (as you found) and extra-long pauses, etc., perhaps you can edit out - do you have Audacity.com? MdM
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

I have only found some doubling and some pauses, but otherwise perfect. Okay, I will fix those over the weekend. SB ready to post this by Monday. :-)
M Z Spark
MikeZane

Post by MikeZane »

I am done reviewing the files, and except for some pauses and one double, they are great. Mike you have such a great voice. :-)

I haven't had a chance to set up Audacity yet, but I am going to get to that this weekend. Mike/Anne, if you have time and can make the corrections needed, that would be great. If not, I will make time to get to it over the weekend.
M Z Spark
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

I'll post if I have time to fix them - so check MZ - but I havea house full of visitors so it depends what they all do. Leave a note what you have chaged though so I can check it - usual practise , not because it is you

Anne :D