[COMPLETE] The Prospective Mother by J. M. Slemons - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

The big sections and possibly the subject matter may be scaring folks away :)
Not to worry, someday... :wink:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
linny

Post by linny »

Well, in that case I guess I'll take the largest section remaining.
misssomerset

Post by misssomerset »

I am quite interested in reading part of this! What would be the most useful? I am quite interested in reading chapter 12!

Somerset
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" ~ Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
linny

Post by linny »

misssomerset wrote:I am quite interested in reading part of this! What would be the most useful? I am quite interested in reading chapter 12!

Somerset
Then chapter 12 it shall be. :mrgreen: Thank you for joining this project. It's a really long chapter for a first recording so please let me know if you have questions along the way. When you post your chapter please let me know what name you want included in the catalog listing.

btw: It looks like there is a MAC version of MP3Gain now. It will show you what your volume is so you can amplify as needed. http://homepage.mac.com/beryrinaldo/AudioTron/MacMP3Gain/

I don't know for certain but I would think it would work about the same as the PC version. We have a video for how to use that one: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/User:Philchenevert It's near the bottom and titled: MP3Gain - Finding the Volume of your MP3 recordings
misssomerset

Post by misssomerset »

hey just realised that I am in the UK so i'm not sure about copyright law for this :? I downloaded this yesterday but it was really strange and worked really differently from the PC one :(

Somerset
"It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live" ~ Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore
linny

Post by linny »

misssomerset wrote:hey just realised that I am in the UK so i'm not sure about copyright law for this :? I downloaded this yesterday but it was really strange and worked really differently from the PC one :(

Somerset
I'm sorry. I don't know. I suggest you post in the Help forum to get clarification on if this is acceptable in the UK. Sorry I can't help more but copyright law is not something I have studied up on yet.
misssomerset

Post by misssomerset »

ok I will try that!

Somerset
misssomerset

Post by misssomerset »

I have been told that it is fine! So I will get on with it!

Somerset
linny

Post by linny »

misssomerset wrote:I have been told that it is fine! So I will get on with it!

Somerset
Wonderful news! :clap:

Enjoy!
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Re MP3Gain for Mac: has this been changed? I understood that it could not be used to determine the volume in dB, only to change 'how loud' a file sounds to the human ear. The page is not very clear about whether you can actually see the value of dB.
MacMP3Gain modifies MP3 and unprotected AAC files with no provision provided to undo the changes.
We don't recommend using any version of MP3Gain to actually change the volume, only to see what the volume is. This is because the program doesn't actually change the volume of the recording: it adds some code that is interpreted by some MP3 players and software.

What we certainly know is that when the Internet Archive derives the additional formats for our files, it disregards any changes made by any version of MP3Gain, so the 64 kbps, OGG and zip files remain at the original volume. Hence we do recommend that all volume changes are made by using Effect | Amplify in Audacity, or the equivalent in whatever recording software is being used.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
misssomerset

Post by misssomerset »

ok about the MP3 Gain thing I have downloaded the Mac one and it doesn't tell the the volume in dB! I can amplify using Audible but then I can't know the volume in dB!

Somerset
pkrantz

Post by pkrantz »

Hellooo...

This one seems to just be sitting around doing nothin'...

So, I'd like to take on Sections 7, 8, 9 and 10 please. Love all things medical or close to!
:) Pamela Krantz
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Thanks Pamela, but this project is not "sitting around doing nothin'..." it is attracting readers like you :clap:
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
pkrantz

Post by pkrantz »

You're right - thanks!
:) Pamela Krantz
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Pamela,
Thanks for joining in. It's wonderful to have you.

David,
Thanks for updating the MW.