[COMPLETE] To Have And To Hold by Mary Johnston - dii

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
y2kdaddio

Post by y2kdaddio »

To Have And To Hold by Mary Johnston (November 21, 1870 – May 9, 1936) .

All files can be found on our catalogue page here: http://librivox.org/to-have-and-to-hold-by-mary-johnston/
When I first started reading this book, I thought it to be a historical romance novel. As I read further, I pondered whether it might be a sea-faring story. Reading still further, I determined it to be an adventure story. Alas, it is all three. To Have And To Hold, written by Mary Johnston was the bestselling novel of 1900. The story takes place in colonial Jamestown during the 1600’s. Captain Ralph Percy, an English soldier turned Virginian explorer buys a wife - little knowing that she is the escaping ward of King James I. Jocelyn is fleeing a forced marriage to the villain of our story, Lord Carnal. Her would-be suitor arrives in Jamestown to take his bride, unknowing that she is already wed to Captain Percy. The story quickly evolves through kidnapping, intrigue, arrest, shipwreck, pirates, and the unraveling of the colony's delicate peace with the Native Americans. As our story nears the conclusion, Captain Percy is told that Jocelyn has gone in search of him during hostilities and he fears she has not survived. (Summary by Wikipedia and the Reader)
  • Target completion date: August 31, 2010
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2807
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): Standard - Note: mim@can requests to be DPL

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project will be opened up to a group project as soon as a Book Coordinator can be found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to have it re-instated).

MAGIC WINDOW:

(BC admin)
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!

Start of recording (Intro)
    • "Chapter [number] of To Have And To Hold. - This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by Tom Weiss"
    • Say:
      "To Have And To Hold., by Mary Johnston. [Translated by [translator]]. [Chapter]"
    For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of To Have And To Hold. by Mary Johnston. [Translated by [translator]]. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain.
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by Tom Weiss"
    • Only if applicable, say:
      "[Chapter title]"
    End of recording
    • At the end of the section, say:
      End of [Chapter]"
    • If you wish, say:
      "Recording by Tom Weiss, tomsaudiobooks.com"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "End of To Have And To Hold., by Mary Johnston. [Translated by [translator]]."
    There should be 5 seconds silence at the end of the recording, or 10 seconds for files longer than 30 minutes.
  • Example filename
    tohaveandtohold_##_johnston.mp3
  • Example ID3 V2 tags
    Title: ## - 01 - CHAPTER 1 - IN WHICH I THROW AMBS-ACE
    Artist: Mary Johnston
    Album: To Have And To Hold.
  • Instructions for soloist: transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file.
    Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader (when your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread):
      http://upload.librivox.org
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      You'll need to select an MC, which for this project is: dii - dii
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
Last edited by y2kdaddio on June 14th, 2010, 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
dii

Post by dii »

Hi! :D

I can MC this for you. Will be back with the MW soon :wink:
Diana
dii

Post by dii »

OK, MW is ready! I added Mim as DPL :)

Have fun! :D
Diana
mim@can

Post by mim@can »