'Thank you' messages for LibriVox readers

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Praise for NikolaiDante (Barny Shergold) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Librivox
I would like you to thank Barny Shergold for his reading of the above (The Misplaced Battleship); being from the UK I really appreciated the pronunciation and his method of reading.
Regards John G.
http://librivox.org/short-science-fiction-collection-vol-004/
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Praise for RuthieG (Ruth Golding) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have repeatedly and with great enjoyment listened to Ms. Golding's reading of "Flatland." She does a truly fabulous job. Her precise diction is perfect for that geometrically demanding and wonderfully witty work. I love her voice. Perhaps her contralto would resonate with my bass were we denizens of Lineland.
Randall D.
http://librivox.org/flatland-a-romance-of-many-dimensions-by-edwin-abbott-abbott/
Barry
My Recordings
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Delightful! I am resonating like mad here. :D
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding
vicarvox

Post by vicarvox »

Thank you to Karen Savage for her excellent reading of "The Secret Garden."

Blessings,
Shay
DebraLynn

Post by DebraLynn »

I just finished listening to The Other Side Of The Door, recorded by Lee Ann Howlett. I was so absorbed that I stayed up way past my bedtime last night, and only quit listening when I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

I always enjoy Lee Ann's recordings. She has a nice, clear, engaging voice and reads very well. I also love when people uncover these old mystery stories that might have been lost to posterity.

So, thank you Lee Ann, for making this recording, and I hope to listen to many more of yours in the future. :D

-Debbie

http://librivox.org/the-other-side-of-the-door-by-lucia-chamberlain/

(I will PM Lee Ann on this)
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=1166][b][color=violet]"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read" (Groucho Marx)[/color][/b][/url]
Claire

Post by Claire »

Thanks, Debbie! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. It really was fun to record. I had never read (or heard of this book) before I stumbled across it. I'm glad to know that someone else enjoyed it, too! :D

Lee Ann
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Praise for All Readers, gloriana (Elizabeth Klett), RuthieG (Ruth Golding), and johng (John Greenman) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I wish to express my gratitude to the readers at Librivox. Every book I have listened to has been well done, but I especially want to mention Elizabeth Klett and Ruth Golding. The gentleman who read "Uncle Tom's Cabin" also did a fine job. I just discovered Librivox last spring and have listened to at least 6 books, all well done. I love to listen while I'm working on my knitting, and have found Elizabeth's blog and am tickled to know she is a knitter also.

Thanks so much for your time, energy and care!

Kathy
Barry
My Recordings
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Praise for Gail Mattern (Gail Mattern) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Gail,

I am greatly enjoying your reading of The Enchanted Barn by Grace Livingston Hill. You have brought the characters in the book to life through your voice. Thank you for sacrificing your time to do this. I love Grace Livingston Hill's books, although I have only read a few. (I read in one of my hometown newspapers (in Pennsylvania) that Grace once held a book-signing in our little local library. She was on her way to Chautauqua Lake in New York and visited a friend in my hometown. Her books are now stored in the library's basement. Someday I hope to see them and her signature.)

I wouldn't have discovered LibriVox if I hadn't stumbled upon your recording by searching for Grace Livingston Hill on the Internet. So I am thankful that you have led me to this wonderful site. I am looking forward to listening to your next Grace Livingston Hill recording and other works that you have so skillfully read. It is a blessing to have books such as these available in an audio format.

With much gratitude,
Marilyn
http://librivox.org/the-enchanted-barn-by-grace-livingston-hill/
Barry
My Recordings
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Praise for stinssd (Sam Stinson) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
To Sam Stinson, Reader of the American Standard Version Bible

Mr. Stinson,

Thank you so much for your recording of the ASV Bible! I haven't really read the Bible for years, nor have I really read other books. I just found out that it's because I'm mildly dyslexic, and reading takes way more effort for me than for other people. It's my opinion that I'm not disabled, but that the left-brainy visual learners have taken over the world. I'm just a hold-out from an earlier time, when school was taught, not lectured, and stories were told, not read. So thank you for providing me with an easier way to connect with God's Word. You are such a blessing!!

Sally
Barry
My Recordings
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Praise for ZachBG (Zachary Brewster-Geisz) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Zachary Brewster-Geisz for his readings of the Sherlock Holmes novels. ( http://librivox.org/the-adventures-of-sherlock-holmes/, http://librivox.org/his-last-bow-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/, http://librivox.org/the-return-of-sherlock-holmes-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/ ) You did an excellent job! I love the voices you did for Sherlock and Watson and the other characters. It made it a real joy to listen to! The voice talent was equal to a paid professional in my opinion.
From Kelsey
Barry
My Recordings
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Praise for ahab (Stewart Wills) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Stewart Wills for his reading of Moby Dick (http://librivox.org/moby-dick-by-herman-melville/). I really enjoyed listening to this whole novel. And it was so nice to have the whole thing done by you! It gave it a continuity that was an added bonus!
From Kelsey
Barry
My Recordings
brlpe

Post by brlpe »

Gesine wrote:Praise for Andy Minter (ExEmGe) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
I just wanted to say how much I enjoyed Andy Minter’s reading of Some Experiences of an Irish RM. I hadn’t read the book for about 30 years and I had forgotten how funny and clever it was. I was listening to it in bed at night and had to choke back the giggles so I didn’t wake my husband. As I have horses myself I really identified with the horsey chapters.

It was beautifully read as well. I always choose things Andy has recorded as I know I am going to enjoy listening to his mellow voice and fluent reading.

Thank you.

Bobby H.
And more praise for Andy:
Soames has been my companion on my morning walk for some weeks now – many thanks to Andy Minter for making Soames and all his family such entertaining company.

Frank H., Liverpool, UK
And yet more praise!
I really enjoyed your recording of "The Prisoner of Zenda" and "Rupert of Hentzau". The latter I was not familiar with. The first I had read and seen the film versions (although I'm "only" 43, I actually prefer the older one starring Ronald Colman - another lovely voice! - but the one with Stewart Granger is very good as well). I've become totally addicted to audiobooks since I discovered Librivox. (Before they were harder to come by.) A real treat when your hands are busy and you need to keep your mind occupied.
Filomena (Portugal)
All of Andy Minter's readings are absolutely brilliant.
Bob L, Florida, USA
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Hi

I'd like to thank Joseph Finkberg (fink), particularly for the poems he has contributed. His reading of John McCrae's The Unconquered Dead moved me more than anything I've heard from a Librivox reader.

Joseph's adventurous use of the voice (and of silence) is something I try, and fail, to do - to him it comes naturally. A true vocal magician.

Martin

(pm sent)
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Praise for eli_christoff (Ellis Christoff) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
The first book I listened to on Librivox was Little Dorret and I greatly enjoyed your reading. Thank you for tackling such a large work.

Shirley K. C.
http://librivox.org/little-dorrit-by-charles-dickens/
Barry
My Recordings
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Praise for Sibella (Sibella Denton) via the 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for your professional readings of the Cranford novels. I found them very enjoyable.

Shirley K. C.
Barry
My Recordings