Recording pauses?

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Sandra7

Post by Sandra7 »

Hello everyone,
can anyone tell me if a reader is allowed to press pause during the recording or does it have to be one relentless take?

I'm doing a recording this afternoon and would like to complete it in a couple of hours as my Braillenote's being serviced tomorrow so it's now or never, as it were. (The deadline for the recording is the week after next).

All the best,
Sandra.
KiltedDragon
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by KiltedDragon »

Hi Sandra,

If you can record this in one long take, you are better than 99% of us. :D

Most people hit pause throughout the recording. I have done a few sections without doing it but that just meant I did not pause the recording; I still paused. You need to listen to your recording after you are done and edit out the mistakes and pauses at that time so you can record however you wish knowing you can fix it all up in the editing phase.
Barry
My Recordings
“I became insane. With long intervals of horrible sanity.” - Edgar Allan Poe
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Sandra

If editing is going to be a problem, then we can find an editor for you. I can't myself see how you would be able to edit, but you have surprised me before and doubtless will again. ;)

What I would suggest is that if you are conscious of making a mistake, you re-record the whole sentence, so that it will be easy for an editor to cut out the mistakes.

I stop/start and make mistakes constantly.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding