COMPLETE: The Metamorphosis or Golden Ass, by L. Apuleius-le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
timferreira

Post by timferreira »

Hi Leni --

I would be happy to record sections 19 and 20. I see that the proposed end-date for this project is approaching, and I have plenty of free time in the next few weeks to work on these two sections. Just let me know and I'll get started!

Tim
EnglishJoy

Post by EnglishJoy »

Hi. I'm new, but have previously done a few voice recordings reading a book that was published online as part of a promotion, so I think I'll be able to manage the speaking - I just need to understand the procedure and technical 'how to', but that shouldn't take me long.

I'd like to claim '19 - Chapter 10, Part 1' please. I will upload it before the deadline. Please credit me as 'EnglishJoy'. I will add my website address later for the link. Thank you.

I'm delighted by the LibriVox project, and very happy to be part of such a wonderful thing! Thank you for the opportunity. I love hearing all the different voices - it makes literature and the internet more human.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

@timferreira - Thanks for claiming the sections, they are yours.

@EnglishJoy - Thank you for the interest in contributing to this project! Unfortunately, though, Tim had claimed the same section five hours before you did... but we have plenty of other sections available! I have orphaned the sections claimed in January/February by readers who didn't keep in contact. Maybe you would like to choose another one? :)
Leni
=================
timferreira

Post by timferreira »

Hi Leni --

I'll be recording chapter ten, section one tomorrow. Before I do, I have a couple of questions:

1. Do you want us to read the bracketed portions of the translation? Since it's a type of in-text footnoting (for clarification, it seems), I wasn't sure if I should read it with the bracketed words left in or not. Either way is fine. Just let me know your preference.

2. For "viz." and "i.e." -- would you prefer I read "viz" and "i.e." as written, or substitute English versions of these terms, such as "namely" or "which is to say"? Again, I don't mind either way, just wondering if you have a preference or if other readers of this book have already set a precedent.

Looking forward to recording tomorrow!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Tim

Yes, we normally read the footnotes, clarifications and such, as part of the translation (except when they are totally useless for the listener, such as "see page 8", since there are no pages in the audiobook, etc).

As to the abbreviations, I normally read what they mean; "e.g.", I would read "for example".

Thanks!
Leni
=================
timferreira

Post by timferreira »

Great. Thanks! I'll be recording, editing, and posting the first half of chapter ten today. I'll do the second half if I get a chance; otherwise, you can expect that part tomorrow!
timferreira

Post by timferreira »

Here is section 19, which comes in at 25:20. Please let me know if you would like me to make any corrections or rerecord. Thanks again. Section 20 will be my next project.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/goldenass_19_apuleius.mp3
timferreira

Post by timferreira »

Hi Leni --

Here is section 20. It comes in at 26:06. As before, let me know if you would like me to make any corrections or re-record any parts of it.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/goldenass_20_apuleius.mp3
Tim

[color=red]Readers wanted for [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=26922]Exemplary Novels[/url] & [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27053]Studies in the Psychology of Sex[/url].[/color]
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Hi, Tim

Thank you so much for the recordings. If our PLer doesn't show up in the next couple of days, I will PL them myself. So, don't worry, you will get feedback soon. :)
Leni
=================
EnglishJoy

Post by EnglishJoy »

I'm very upset to have been pipped at the post, especially as this was to be my first reading and I've been practising the section with great enjoyment. My heart sank to see that someone else had claimed it a few hours before me.

I'll go choose a different book. Thanks. Next time I'll check to see who has claimed before me, but hasn't yet been marked on the magic window - so it's been a lesson to me, not to get excited by the reading until it's definitely been marked as mine.

Good luck with the rest of the book.
:)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

I am very sorry you are upset, but, yes, unfortunately, it happens that someone claims a section and it's a few hours before it's marked on the window. After all, it depends on the coordinator to manually change the status, assigning the sections. In this case, it was 3 a.m. my timezone when the section was claimed. :) So, it is a good idea to take a look at the last posts of the thread to see if the section hasn't been claimed in the last few hours.

Good luck with your next readings.
Leni
=================
ontheroad

Post by ontheroad »

veni vidi vici
Check out my library! http://www.librarything.com/catalog/ontheroad
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks! :)
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

I have orphaned a few sections today; also, we are in need of a new PLer.
Leni
=================
downey8kids

Post by downey8kids »

Hi, Leni!

I can't work on my own project after just having eye surgery, but I should be able to do some proof listening to help keep your project moving.

I'll let you know if I have any problems.