COMPLETE: The Metamorphosis or Golden Ass, by L. Apuleius-le

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Marian Martin

Post by Marian Martin »

Nice reading, Leni. Section 00 is PL OK!

Marian
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, Marian!
Leni
=================
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

This isn't really a problem, but the page numbers listed don't match up with the online text.

For example, according to the magic window, there are 290 pages, whereas the online version only has 213.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

JorWat wrote:This isn't really a problem, but the page numbers listed don't match up with the online text.

For example, according to the magic window, there are 290 pages, whereas the online version only has 213.
=O

I obviously made some serious mistake when dividing the sections. I will look into it. Thanks for pointing it out.

Edit: OK, what happened was that, when I divided the sections, I checked one edition of the book, and when I posted the link, I ended up posting a link for another edition of the same book. So, what I did now was to change the link to the edition I consulted at first. The text is the same, as far as I checked, but then there will be no confusion. Thanks!
Leni
=================
LeJae Seipel

Post by LeJae Seipel »

I've completed ch.4 part 2. When I save my file do I need to specify part 2?
goldenass_04_02_apuleius.mp3
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

What goes in the file name is the SECTION number, not the chapter. So, in your case, section 08: goldenass_08_apuleius.

Thanks!
Leni
=================
its ina

Post by its ina »

Hi! This is my first post here. I would like to volunteer for chapter five, part one.
LeJae Seipel

Post by LeJae Seipel »

Hi, Leni.
Thank you for your proms response to my question. I have uploaded my first reading. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/goldenass_08_apuleius.mp3 .
I'm interested in your feedback as to the quality and technical correctness. If there are problems I would be happy to rectify them. Thanks,
LeJae
:D
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

LeJae Seipel wrote:Hi, Leni.
Thank you for your proms response to my question. I have uploaded my first reading. http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/goldenass_08_apuleius.mp3 .
I'm interested in your feedback as to the quality and technical correctness. If there are problems I would be happy to rectify them. Thanks,
LeJae
Thanks, LeJae. What's the length of the recording, please?
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

its ina wrote:Hi! This is my first post here. I would like to volunteer for chapter five, part one.
Hello, and welcome to Librivox

Thank you for your interest in contributing to this project.

Please read carefully the instructions in the first post - they always have all the important information about a project. Before recording your section, it is strongly suggested that you read the Newbie Guide to Recording ( http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording), and try the 1-minute test explained there. Please, post your test in the Listeners and Editors Wanted forum, for quicker feedback. :)

Also, since this is your first recording, as stated in the first post above, before I can assign you any sections, I need to know under what name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the catalog.

Thank you,
Leni
=================
LeJae Seipel

Post by LeJae Seipel »

I'm sorry that I forgot to include the length: It is 26:08.
the URL is: http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/le/goldenass_08_apuleius.mp3 .

Thanks!!
LeJae Seipel

Post by LeJae Seipel »

Leni,
I would be happy to adopt several new sections. How about chapter 7 part 1 and 2?
Thanks,
LeJae
its ina

Post by its ina »

Thanks, I will go do that test now. I would like to be known as Amber Morrell.
Marian Martin

Post by Marian Martin »

LeJae Seipel wrote:Hi, Leni.
LeJae
LeJae: Section 08 is PL OK!. It is very well read! :D

I removed a few mouse clicks and a couple of stumbles. It was easy to do this as, after the stumble, you re-read the word correctly, so all I had to do was edit out the stumble, and leave in the correct word. I also added 3 extra seconds of end silence to make up 5 secs. and fixed the ID3 tag to comply with the instructions posted in the first post of the thread.

The sound quality is excellent and the technical settings are spot on. :D

Marian
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

@LeJae - thanks for claiming, the sections are assigned.

@its ina - thank you, you're added.

@Marian - thanks for the PLing. :)
Leni
=================