How to tell if a project has a Dedicated Proof Listener(DPL)

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files, provide editing services, and advertise for proof-listeners.
adr6090

Post by adr6090 » June 19th, 2020, 4:44 pm

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:
August 19th, 2016, 4:20 pm
TriciaG wrote:The only other way to tell if a project has a DPL or not (aside from combing through all the project threads) is to hang out in Listeners & Editors Wanted and look at the pinned threads there. However, sometimes these don't get moved right away when a DPL volunteers - again, humans are error prone. ;)
At least for the time being, there is another alternative . . . we are trialing a report listing all projects without an assigned DPL. It's available on the Project Status Table page in the Wiki here: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Project_Status_Table

Creating the tables is a manual process and its only done every week or so, so be aware that the info may be a bit out of date.

MaryAnn
Hello MaryAnn,
Well I do have a question for you regarding the "status table". I have now been with lv for roughly 4 years. I have enjoyed reading selected works and recently I have also added dpling into my venue. I have noticed the status table in past months referring back to it more than once. Looking for works that need a dpl. That column has been blank since I first looked. Yes, I do see what you have written "Creating the tables is a manual process and its only done every week or so, so be aware that the info may be a bit out of date."
Therefore my question is if there is anyway that I can be of assistance with this? I do realize that one person can not solve most things, being of assistance in my mind though is always a good thing.
Please let me know,
April

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » June 19th, 2020, 4:46 pm

I'll jump in and answer. :)

No - the table that the data is taken from is only available to admins.

It looks like it is being updated about once a week.

What do you mean about the column being blank? Yes, the "PL Status Table" (the first table on the wiki page) has blanks for the DPLs, because that is specifically a list of projects without a DPL assigned in the database.
Mystery/PulpFic: Dope, by Sax Rohmer
The one that started them all: Self-Help, by Samuel Smiles
Elizabethan Poetry: The Psalmes of David

adr6090

Post by adr6090 » June 19th, 2020, 7:30 pm

TriciaG wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 4:46 pm

What do you mean about the column being blank? Yes, the "PL Status Table" (the first table on the wiki page) has blanks for the DPLs, because that is specifically a list of projects without a DPL assigned in the database.
Thank you for the reply Tricia,
Oh, I see now by your explanation just why the pl status table is there, not for just anyone.
I was just thinking of helping out. I have posted a couple of projects so I thought perhaps knowing somewhat how certain items work on lv I could at least put in the dpl names. Suppose I will be happy with being bc & reader. :thumbs:
Thank you again & have a great weekend.
April

adr6090

Post by adr6090 » June 20th, 2020, 8:26 am

adr6090 wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 7:30 pm
TriciaG wrote:
June 19th, 2020, 4:46 pm

Thank you for the reply Tricia,
Oh, I see now by your explanation just why the pl status table is there, not for just anyone.
I was just thinking of helping out. I have posted a couple of projects so I thought perhaps knowing somewhat how certain items work on lv I could at least put in the dpl names. Suppose I will be happy with being bc & reader. :thumbs:
Thank you again & have a great weekend.
Hello again,
It just dawned on me that I forgot to add "and as well as dpler" to my last statement of what I will be happy doing.
April