[COMPLETE] John Halifax, Gentleman, by Dinah Craik -tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Hi Stav

I have put myself down for 27, it will mean someone will have to PL it :( though

Anne
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Anne,
thank you for taking 27. Enjoy and good luck. I want to pl it myself. If I won't get to it in a reasonable timing, I will see what to do.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
scratchometry

Post by scratchometry »

I would like to volunteer on this one. I'm unsure how to begin.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello scratchometry,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Please let me know which section/s you'd like. After you claim a section, I'll give you more direction. Meanwhile, you can read the librivox wiki and start by submiting a one-minute sampal recording, just to make sure that your tecnical settings are all correct. And you'll have to let us know under which name you would like to appear in the catalogue, and if there is a personal url which you would like us to link to your name.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Ok, I revised the summary a little and changed the target completion date to March 2011.
lezer

Post by lezer »

Can I read section 23 please?

Thanks,
ANna
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Anna,
section 23 is all yours. You really make me hapyer with every new post.
:)
Stav.
statsdoug

Post by statsdoug »

I'll take section 24 if you still need someone!
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello statsdoug,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Section 24 is all yours. As you have not recorded for Libirivox before, it's usualy recommended that you submit a one-minute sampal recording, just to make sure that your tecnical settings are all correct. Also, we will need to know under which name you would like to appear in the catalogue, your reall name, your forum name, or something elce that you choose. And please let us know if there is a url which you would like us to link to your name.
Stav.
statsdoug

Post by statsdoug »

Thanks! I posted my sample to annise. I made sure it was MP3, mono, with the right sample rate... But let me know if there's anything else I need to fix.

http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/arb/section24 - sample.mp3
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks, Doug!

As you can see, putting spaces in a file name doesn't work well with the forum system. Use underscores instead of spaces. They work better. :wink:

It all looks and sounds good, except that you've got a fair amount of background noise. Here's a page that tells how to fix that: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Noisecleaning_With_Pics
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Would one of you be able to send the link again without spaces?
statsdoug

Post by statsdoug »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks for the link. As Tricia said, you have a fair amount of backround noise. And I hear some echo. Also, by the way, the mc for this project is TriciaG and not Annise. Anne is the dear proof listener. So when you upload your final chapter, please upload it to Tricia's folder.
Stav.
cccheetah8

Post by cccheetah8 »

Hey I would love to record chapter 30. I'm fine with the name Cynthia. Thanks so much