[OK] Varney the Vampire Vols 1 & 2

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

Any thoughts on this?
It appears that Varney the Vampire Vol. 1 ends with chapter 62, but Vol. 2 begins with chapter 66. Did I miss something? Thanks!
PHB
Steampunk

Post by Steampunk »

hugh wrote:Any thoughts on this?
It appears that Varney the Vampire Vol. 1 ends with chapter 62, but Vol. 2 begins with chapter 66. Did I miss something? Thanks!
PHB
From the project notes of Volume 1:

Note:
The chapter numbers in the text are off after chapter 40: 41-43 are not missing, just wrongly labeled. I've corrected them below. Please read them as they should be, not as they're written. To make them easier to identify, I've added the chapter number of the text to the notes field of each corresponding chapter (but please do go by the section number, not the chapter number in brackets. Scream if this doesn't make sense!)
Chapters 49 and 50 [i.e. 46 and 47] have the same heading in the original.

So, 62 is actually 65 and it all works out. :)

Jim
There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise.
-- Gore Vidal

Post by TriciaG »

The story itself doesn't skip; it flows correctly. The original document has numbering errors, like posted above.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart