RSS feed

Non-reading activities need your help too!
jchronowski

Post by jchronowski »

I went to subscribe to the RSS feed in the forum and it was a 404 error. Do you have a working RSS feed for each forum? If not can I be of assistance? I am currently working on a recording but should not be too much longer.
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

It does look as though the RSS feed button in the forums should do something, doesn't it? I tried it in this forum and got the same result you did, a 404. I also had a quick look back in the archives, and it doesn't appear to be a feature that has been enabled as far as I can tell. Someone will probably correct me if I'm wrong...
jchronowski

Post by jchronowski »

I would like to get the feed through rss because it would be easier than having to go to the web page to see comments
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

Have you found the "See posts since your last visit" link, which appears just above the list of forums? That only shows the topics that have new posts. You can even bookmark that link and go straight to the list of new posts.

I'm a confirmed feed-reading junkie, but I'm happy enough reading the LV forum using that method.
jchronowski

Post by jchronowski »

yes but that shows all posts in all forums I just wanted the feed to the topics I would like to follow. I could get the info I need from a feed without anytime. But to parse through the new posts or if I am on some other computer then the feed can be viewed straight through my yahoo feed page. I have lots of items to read each day and sometimes things get lost in the pile. Important things like librivox I would like to see right away. Do you need someone to code the rss links for you? I could possible help out. If not I guess I could live without, but I think you probably should remove the links then if they continue to be 404. Thanks :)
kristin

Post by kristin »

The rss used to work but it was for every post on the site not specific to one forum or thread. If I remember correctly it was disabled a while back because it was putting too much strain on the server.
[size=75]Whereas story is processed in the mind in a straightforward manner, poetry bypasses rational thought and goes straight to the limbic system and lights it up like a brushfire. It's the crack cocaine of the literary world. - Jasper Fforde[/size]
icyjumbo

Post by icyjumbo »

This is where I whack myself upside the head. I've just remembered what service I use to track my proof listening obligations on LV. It's a firefox plugin called Update Scanner <https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3362> which detects changes on a page and lets you know via a small icon in your browser.

You can scan ANY URL, even the ones used in the Magic Windows, which is useful.

I never miss updates to projects I'm participating in, no matter how long the gap between updates gets. Recommended.