Going Solo query

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Hi

Sorry if this posting is in the wrong thread, but it does concern Solo recording.

I want shortly to make solo recordings of 2 short novellas - 45-60 pages each. May I post these as separate items in the Solo Books thread? They are still published as discrete stories as well as in collections and were intended (by Turgenev) as stand-alone works. (Both are in Gutenberg.)

Thanks for guidance

Martin
lezer

Post by lezer »

Hi Martin,
We generally keep a limit of 64 min for the maximum duration of a "short story" for a collection.
I would guess that a 40-60 page novella will probably end up longer than that in audio form. So would need to be split up in 2 or 3 (or more) sections anyway. So would be fine to submit as a solo project.
Anna
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Hi

Many thanks for the prompt help. Both titles will certainly come out at between 2 and 3 hours.

I'll study the guidance notes and get posting.

Martin
MARTIN GEESON

Post by MARTIN GEESON »

Hi Anna

I have posted the two titles in the Launch Pad thread. I was not sure how the sectioning of the book would be organised. Because I have a preference as to how to split each of the texts into sections, I have written a separate e-mail in the thread to suggest this.

Regards

Martin