[FIXED] Problem with Good Wives, Chapter 14,20

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
wildemoose

Post by wildemoose »

I just wanted to bring it to someone's attention that chapter 14, New Impressions, of the newly-released "Good Wives" is missing a significant chunk of text. I had thought that the listed 4 minute run time was just a typo, since it's quite a long chapter, but it looks like what happened was that the reader only read the first page of the chapter on the Bibliomania site. There are actually 7 pages that you have to click through to get the whole thing. I couldn't find the thread for this project in the forum to see if anyone else had commented on this, but as it's still listed as a completed book, I figured it had slipped past someone.
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Thanks for the heads up on this wildemoose. I'm going to PM the BC for this project and see if we can sort this out.

The thread is now in completed projects

http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12711

Edited to add: I've checked the three "short" chapters (9, 14, & 20) and they all are like this. 14 & 20 were both read by the same reader and 9 by someone else who also only recorded the first page of the chapter.
Last edited by knotyouraveragejo on April 2nd, 2009, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Pmed both readers Jo- should hear back soon.

Thanks for catching it wildemoose!

K.
[/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
Kehinde

Post by Kehinde »

Just heard from BG who'll get to record the rest. ^^[/size]
If not now, when? Wake up and live!
bgoxford

Post by bgoxford »

Kehinde wrote:Just heard from BG who'll get to record the rest. ^^[/size]
Here's the new upload.
goodwives_09_alcott.mp3
http://upload.librivox.org/share/uploads/ss/goodwives_09_alcott.mp3
time: 27:14

I think I got it right this time.

bg
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Thanks bg. :)

Unfortunately it looks like we will need someone to read the missing parts of Chapters 14 & 20 since the original reader has not responded.
Jo
neerajanagarajan

Post by neerajanagarajan »

Hi Jo! Do you still need help doing 14 and 20?
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Hi Neeru.

Yes. Kehinde was going to read these but PM'd me a while ago that she doesn't have time and I haven't had a chance to do anything about them either.

The full version of Chapter 9 needs PLing and Chapters 14 & 20 need the remainder of the chapters recorded and added to the original reader's files, or alternately, someone can just reread the entire chapter for these.

If you'd like to help out with these that would be fabulous. :D

Jo
Jo
sadclown

Post by sadclown »

If you need help recording the remainder of the Chapters, I could help with that. I'm currently doing a solo of Little Women, which encompasses Good Wives anyway, so I might be able to get double use of the recordings. (as long as the texts match up!) What do you think?
Jennifer
neerajanagarajan

Hi Jo! I'll be extremely glad to re-read the sections for you.

And Jennifer, would you like to share?
aravis

Post by aravis »

Hi!

I'd love to "help" with the reading too, if you still need somebody!!!

Elli :D
Elli

"Tiefer und tiefer zogen die Buchstaben ihn hinab, wie ein Strudel aus Tinte...dorthin wo auch Staubfinger verschwunden war. An den Ort, an dem alle Geschichten enden." (Cornelia Funke)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Jennifer - The text that was used for this project is the one on Bibliomania not the PG one although one would assume they are the same. As a rule, however, we don't generally include the same recording in two different projects, so I guess it would be better if someone else reads these and you keep yours for your solo. Thanks for the offer though!

Neeru - Since you offered first, I will let you decide if you would like to read both chapters or work this out with Elli as to who reads what. :) OK?
Jo
neerajanagarajan

Sure, Jo. And then we'll each record a section or something (however we end up doing it) and post the links here? :)
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

That works for me. :D
Jo
neerajanagarajan