Help with Adobe Audition 1.5

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having with Adobe Audition 1.5. I've been using Audition for probably about the past two years now, and have never had a problem with it. Now, all of a sudden, I went to import my WAV recording into it, and it won't play in multitrack view. It plays fine in the edit view, but multitrack is where I do most of the cutting and arranging for LibriVox and for some reason it just won't play. I have no idea why - I hadn't tinkered with the setings (though I have since tried that to fix it, but with no luck). I tried importing another WAV file that I had used before for another LV recording, and it wouldn't play either. Nor would it play any of the MP3s I had exported in the past. I'm confused. Can anyone pleae help?
sequence2

Post by sequence2 »

The multitrack view is usually used to edit and mix more then 1 wave or audio file. I find it curious that you are able to play the file in edit view and not in multitrack view. Are you able to play other files in multitrack view or is it only that particular wave file that won't play?
Try the "send to multitrack" from the editview and you could also select the whole track in editview (ctrl-a) and right click copy to new. If it is the file itself that as a problem this will make a new one. Could be a configuration problem or a problem recognizing your hardware..... Worst case scenario reinstall audition or let me know if you would like the 3.0 version
Unfocus-Float-Drift-Zoom-Design-Create
Jordan

Post by Jordan »

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll try them. It wasn't just the one file that it wouldn't play in multitrack, but any file I tried importing (and I tried a few!).
I've solved it with a simple but perhaps somewhat unorthodox method - I made a new user account on my computer and opened Audition in the other account. That works perfectly fine, but I'll do as you've suggested because it would be handy to have it working normally again on my main account. Thanks.