Hello!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
bridgester

Post by bridgester »

I found LibriVox around two years ago and have downloaded numerous books to take on trips. About a year a go, one of my brothers strongly urged me to start reading for the site, but I've put it off until now because I didn't have the equipment I needed.

I'm still working on learning Audacity and getting my system set up, but I'm hoping to be able to upload a test this week.

I thought my biggest hang up was going to be hearing my voice, since I've always disliked hearing it on video tapes or the answering machine, but the articles I've read on here as well as listening to myself after I record a short section are helping to reconcile me to myself. :lol:

I appreciate how upbeat the forums are and am looking forward to participating in this pleasant community.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello bridgester,
welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

Welcome, bridgester!

I'm impressed by your preparation. It will serve you well. :)

Many people find it hard to get used to the sound of their own voice, but it comes with time, especially when you realise that other people like it. :)

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding