The Rise and Progress of the People Called Quakers, Wm Penn

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
fortunecookiebride

Post by fortunecookiebride »

Suggested project--

Penn, William, 1644-1718

Title: A Brief Account of the Rise and Progress of the People Called Quakers

I would eventually like to help record, but at the moment I have no microphone. If anyone else would like to organize this, feel free, I'd love to hear it and also would like to help out with some of the recording-- as soon as I can get a mic and some free time!
nhpeacenik

Post by nhpeacenik »

This is Jim (nhpeacenik from LiveJournal). I'd be interested in working on this. The full text is available at
http://librivox.org/forum/posting.php?mode=reply&t=16827&sid=ccf718b389cbadc077efa6da26cb7753

It's 86 pages long. I might just try recording a "chapter" to see how easy (or hard) it is to read.
russiandoll

Post by russiandoll »

Hi Jim, looks like you copied the url from the wrong tab or window! Gutenberg text (was that the one you found?) is here: http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/19377
English is the lingua franca par excellence
Preston McConkie

Post by Preston McConkie »

I'd love to do some recording.
Nobody questions the manhood of a guy who shaves with a straight razor. Only his sanity.
fortunecookiebride

microphone has been ordered and is on the way!

i promise to help with this (or with something similar) as soon as i can!
fortunecookiebride

Jim, have you gotten anywhere with this?

I just got the microphone and am downloading software and all that, and then will be doing test runs on a chapter or two... hopefully later today.
fortunecookiebride

I am working on Chapter 5. Audacity is a LOT harder to figure out than I bargained for, and so is this text!

Just, wow, have had a frustrating evening.
SunshineInMySoul

Post by SunshineInMySoul »

I'm still somewhat new... so forgive me if I missed something, but has this project been officially started? I'd love to read a chapter, but I can't do the MC or anything :)
fortunecookiebride

No, you're not missing anything, we still need an MC and all that's been done is I've gotten through half of one chapter.

I need some guidance as well.
RuthieG

Post by RuthieG »

No, the project hasn't been started yet. It is still one (of many) suggestions of books that people would like to be recorded.

We have to wait until someone is willing to become the Book Coordinator (BC) for this book and start it off in the New Projects Launch Pad.

When that posting is made, a Metacoordinator (MC) will come along to do the "behind the scenes" work with the database, and, when it's all finished, to put it in the catalogue.

The BC looks after the day-to-day running of the project. This document explains in detail.

Ruth
My LV catalogue page | RuthieG's CataBlog of recordings | Tweet: @RuthGolding