Solomon Kane has arrived!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Solomon Kane

Post by Solomon Kane »

Hello everyone, I am Solomon Kane. I am new to the forums although I have been enjoying Librizox recordings for quite a while. I am interested in Horror and Fantasy/Terror, Supernatural related fiction and would like to start reading in those genre areas. I am from the UK and am based in London but commute there from the south. Librivox is a great way to enjoy classic literature while travelling home on the train.

If anyone knows of a work on-going related to any of the above genres, let me know. I would love to start reading.

PS I have a Roland Edirol R-09 24 bit straight to mp3 recorder with built in mic. It has an alrmingly good quality and I think at 24 bit should be adequate. Can I use this to record and upload or must I use the specified equipment in the newbie info section on recording?
chocoholic
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by chocoholic »

Solomon Kane wrote:I have a Roland Edirol R-09 24 bit straight to mp3 recorder with built in mic. It has an alrmingly good quality and I think at 24 bit should be adequate. Can I use this to record and upload or must I use the specified equipment in the newbie info section on recording?
Welcome to Librivox, Solomon! Any recording equipment is OK to use, but we must have mp3 files with bit rate of 128 kbps and sample rate of 44.1 KHz. That's what's required by Internet Archive, which hosts our cataloged files. Your editing software will probably do the bit rate conversion, but quality may suffer when that's done; why don't you try a short sample and see? We'll be happy to give opinions too!
Laurie Anne
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

Ity looks like you can record to our specs:

http://www.rolandus.com/products/productdetails.aspx?objectid=757

Give it a try and send us a sample! I would be curious to hear it. I use a portable recorder too:

http://www.samsontech.com/products/productpage.cfm?prodID=1916

Esther :D
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
anna

Post by anna »

Welcome Solomon,

Have fun here :)
Knowledge speaks, wisdom listens.
Kennis spreekt, wijsheid luistert.