Hello!! It is great to meet everyone!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Ndangrdspecies

Post by Ndangrdspecies »

Hello from Missouri! I just happened onto your website and was amazed that there were such people out there. I have been recording books for my children for years and think that this is a wonderful idea. Please let me know if I can be of service. I would love to record some chapters for you, just let me know where and when.

A little background for you about me:

I am a single mother of 2 children, Kadyn, my son is 4 years old, and Symmantha, my daughter is 11 years old.

I am 30 years old and still get carded for cigarettes.....YES I look that young. I have just gone back to school to change my career. I am going to be a nurse. I have been reading since I was able to hold a book. I was the kid the teacher always called on to read in front of the class, I have a very loud and clear voice. I am looking forward to helping you as much as I can and have time for. As I said I have been recording childrens books for years for my children so that when I am away or they are away from home they will have their favorite stories read to them by their favorite narrator. I find it easier to do the voices and stuff like that if they are not directly staring at me. HA HA Please feel free to as for any help. I am looking forward to trying to record for you. I will be on the lookout to find a good childrens book to narrate. I would also be interested in recording some other books, they dont have to just be childrens books. Hope to hear from everyone soon. Thanks, Tamarra :D
jimmowatt

Post by jimmowatt »

Hello to Missouri and welcome

I'm quite new here too and am enjoying myself thoroughly.
I've recorded a chapter for 3 men in a boat and started my own project to read Thomas Babington Macaulays' History of England.

As you may have guessed, my cheery welcome hides a sinister motive.
Over in the readers wanted section my History of England lies in wait for readers in abundance.

Have a look.
Click on some of the text links in the first message.
Read them aloud to to see how they feel.
I think you'll enjoy yourself.

Welcome to Librivox

Kind regards

Jim
vee

Post by vee »

Hi Tamarra. Welcome to Librivox. We're glad to have you aboard. Feel free to wander about. If you want to know more about us and how things happen here you can checkout our wiki at http://librivox.org/wiki.

If you have any other questions let us know. It'll help us out to know what information we're missing.

Chris
Chris Vee
"You never truly understand something until you can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein
kayray

Post by kayray »

Hi Tamarra! I'm the unofficial boss of Children's Literature (though I happily share the job with the rest of the team). I, too, have been making audiobooks for my son (Henry, age ten) for years and years. I'll be starting a new children's book project soon so keep an eye on the "Readers Wanted" section, and while you're waiting feel free to jump in and read a chapter of whatever tickles your fancy :)

Here's our Newbie Guide:
http://librivox.org/wiki/moin.cgi/NewbieGuideToRecording

And of course feel free to ask if you have any questions!

Happy reading,
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Gesine

Post by Gesine »

Hehe, everyone is going to pounce on you with their projects... so I'll do the same... come and read one of Andersen's Fairy Tales for us! It's in Readers Wanted: Books. :)
"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein
LibraryLady

Post by LibraryLady »

Yea for another Missourian!! :) Welcome Tamarra.
Annie Coleman Rothenberg
http://www.anniecoleman.com/

"I hear the sound I love, the sound of the human voice." ~Whitman