eBay Item Selling Librivox Stories

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
Great Plains

Post by Great Plains »

Claire wrote:Well, here's a first -- we're being sold on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/shops/audiobook-delight

Unless I was the last one to know... :oops:
Would I still get free SuperSaver shipping with this item?
Daniel, the Cylon
([url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=2136]LV Profile[/url])
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

catchpenny wrote:Dang. I don't see my recording. How insulting. I shall pedal it myself and retire on the proceeds.
Click on the images. They have listings of all the stories on each individual CD. There are a total of 4 of my solos on the first disk!! :oops:

Hmm it looks like all the disks (collections) are the same content just listed differently to attract customers.

Esther :shock:
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
Cori

Post by Cori »

They spelt the title of my contribution wrong! It should be "Freindship". I want a refund.

And by the look of the feedback, at least two sold, mebbe. Interesting.
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Bead Krazy Dawn

Post by Bead Krazy Dawn »

My solo is on there too. I think it's great that we get credit on these for the reading we do. It's good publicity for LV and that's the best part. Putting all those together and selling them was a job for sure. Dawn
You can't talk yourself out of what you behaved yourself into. Stephen Covey
Claire

Post by Claire »

Two of my solos are on these. I wonder if the seller only used solo projects?

Esther is right -- the 'collections' are all the same -- just given different names. Dawn, have you tried looking yourself up on Amazon? Anyone named as a narrator has their works come up looking like individual CDs until you take a closer look. :)
Bead Krazy Dawn

Post by Bead Krazy Dawn »

No, I never have bothered to look. Maybe I should. I did finally look at archive to see how many were downloaded. It was fun to see how many people enjoy a book that's free because someone at LV recorded it.
Dawn :clap:
You can't talk yourself out of what you behaved yourself into. Stephen Covey
Secrets

Post by Secrets »

I know it's public domain, but I'm still left speechless. Can you leave a comment with a link to your original solo recoding, and tout Libravox, using Amazon servers.

What a cheek. How do they sleep at night?

Social enterprise, is for the greater good. If libravox makes every book, poem and speech available for the blind, that is such a force for good.
But to pinch the recordings for the blind and sell them. Well, I'm left without words to articulate this.
Cloud Mountain

Post by Cloud Mountain »

I see the same "guy" has the entire gutenberg.org collection on one DVD. I wonder how that fits in with the 20 pages of small text in the Gutenberg agreement on every one of their textxs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Project-Gutenberg-Over-9500-Works-DVD-Quality-Product_W0QQitemZ250345982657QQihZ015QQcategoryZ29792QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem
[url=http://librivox.org/newcatalog/people_public.php?peopleid=254]Alan's LV catalog[/url]
Secrets

Post by Secrets »

It's less than $10 with free shipping within the US.
Europeans have to pay for shipping too?
**Drops cornflakes over keyboard**

Guaranteed you will be satisfied or you can return it!
That would be interesting to see. What's he going to do, phone Libravox and complain?

Artful Dodger "err, Libravox, well like me misses is on the dog and bone, so could you redo 'em "Proper" like?"
Claire

Post by Claire »

Well, I hadn't come across this one before. This seller on eBay is selling LibriVox recordings with no mention of LV. That is not too unusual but he's selling for pretty high prices and stating that the recordings are made by "live voice actors." :shock: I know that we have some professionals on here but I'm not one of them and the thought of someone plunking down $20 for one of my solos thinking they're getting a professional is embarrassing. :oops:

I wasn't sure at first if these were our recordings but a little investigating turned up too many coincidences.

http://stores.ebay.com/Epic-Books-on-CD
Cori

Post by Cori »

From the feedback ... "audio is done by several readers and less professional" :lol: yup, that's us. What a price they're charging -- and people are paying!!
There's honestly no such thing as a stupid question -- but I'm afraid I can't rule out giving a stupid answer : : To Posterity and Beyond!
Jc

Post by Jc »

Cori wrote:From the feedback ... "audio is done by several readers and less professional" :lol: yup, that's us.
ROFL!!

Outrageous prices!

"live voice actors", well, aren't we all voice actors of sorts? (As for live, I'm pretty sure we're all alive) He never claimed we were "professional" or even "good" for that matter LOL
Put yourself in the Readers' Accents Table. See this post.
(Busy real life & traveling, sorry if not here often.)
Planish

Post by Planish »

Quite some time ago, I had bought an mp3 CD on eBay, filled with Old Time Radio Science Fiction shows. Later I find that they all came from archive.org . I wasn't all bitter and twisted about it, because it was so cheap.
Cori wrote:From the feedback ... "audio is done by several readers and less professional" :lol: yup, that's us.
"less professional" - Maybe that's partly why Librivox doesn't give us all Dental/Vision Care/Health benefits. Our union's collective bargaining committee sucks. :lol:
There is no frigate like a book / To take us lands away,
Nor any coursers like a page / Of prancing poetry.
kayray

Post by kayray »

Wow, that's neat :)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001GKTXTC

ME ME ME! On Amazon! Holy cow.
Kara
http://kayray.org/
--------
"Mary wished to say something very sensible into her Zoom H2 Handy Recorder, but knew not how." -- Jane Austen (& Kara)
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I found out about Librivox by buying CDs of Mp3s from E-bay. I got 200+ books for £14.99. Personally I appreciated the really low price - I was looking for lots of things to listen to while doing some craft work. I was amazed and pleased I could get so many things so cheaply. Generally the E-bay people keep in the Librivox disclaimer as well.
So little space, so much to say.