[RESOLVED] 20,000 leagues under the sea - ID3 tag problem?

Report & help check download problems, corrupted files, badly-named files, bad links etc. (NOT for style & reading complaints)
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

could someone check the id3 tags on 20000 leagues under the sea, see below:
Hello,

Some Librivox files are malformed which appears to have corrupt headers. I use a Sony w810i cellphone for listening and some files cause errors and hangs on my phone. When I look at the file and tag info on computer, there are blank fields, including the MP3 missing data rate info.

In particular, two books have exhibited this.

128kb MP3 English version of 20,000 leagues under the sea, offhand I believe its fies 1-04 1-05 1-06 1-09. I think there are others, but these are some that I remember, as deleting them after listening solved the problems.

128kb MP3 English version of Journey to the Center of the Earth. I believe 1-07 is the culprit on this one.

As mentioned, I may not have the filenames exact as i was deleting them off the phone in order to stop hangups on my player. The info on these shows as a series of squares as characters on my phone.

I tried redownloading the files, and still had the issue, so they weren't corrupt downloads. I've lsitened to three books so far, two of them causing hangs, one was ok. I really enjoy listening to the books, so I hope this is not as common an issue as it appears.

Files that show correct info on my computer MP3 tag editor have no problem on my phone.

Thanks,

Warren
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Downloading the zip to check the tags now.
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

The tags for 64kbps files in the zip all look OK, but the 128 kbps files mentioned are as Warren describes when I download them as well. I'll check the rest then fix the tags and replace the files in the next couple of days.
Jo
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

thanks!
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

The files for "20000 Leagues Under the Sea" have been reuploaded with corrected tags and should be OK now if someone else wants to check them. I've replaces 1-02 thru 1-06 and 1-09.
Jo
hugh
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by hugh »

could someone dl and verify, and we can close this bug report?
PaulW

Post by PaulW »

On it.

EDIT: 1-02 through 1-06 and 1-09 tags OK on both 128k individual downloads and in the zip file. Marking report as resolved.
Paul
[b]DPL: [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=12852]Brigands of the Moon[/url]; [url=http://librivox.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13151]Brain Twister[/url][/b]