What are your favourite recordings?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
Rowland

Post by Rowland »

I have checked you Blog, Forone, and find it most interesting.
Good luck for the future!

It is very interesting to see what someone has picked up and enjoyed from LibriVox.

As LibriVox is a volunteer- and (mostly) an amateur-project which has grown very, very quickly, but also sort of haphazardly, no one really knew what response it would get. But the response has, I think, been overwhelming, and there are comments and references to it in many places on the Net today.

Lars :)
Good friends are like angels... ...you don't have to see them to know they are there
Hazel Pethig

Post by Hazel Pethig »

My personal favourite recording is "Patricia Brent, Spinster" I really liked the book, and this reading by Anna Simone "Lezer" is excellent.

--Hazel Image
[size=150][i][color=cyan]Eat.[/color] [color=blue]Sleep.[/color] [color=darkblue]Read.[/color] [color=indigo]Repeat.[/color][/i][/size]
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

I really recommend gloriana (Elizabeth Klett)'s fantastic reading of Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl by Harriet Jacobs.

All the way through I was on tenterhooks, hoping for a happy ending for Harriet and her children. And gloriana's reading is so beautiful and emotional you'd have to have a heart of stone not to be affected by Harriet's suffering.

I've also learnt a lot about slavery and the laws and contemporary opinions surrounding it. This is definitely a book that everyone should listen to. Some things should not be forgotten.
So little space, so much to say.
Lucy_k_p

Post by Lucy_k_p »

Availle's reading of Madame Butterfly by John Luther Long is excellent. It is a beautiful, sweet, sad story, I really felt for the main character. Her good humour and imagination really touched me. I wanted to give her a hug. If you're in the mood for something melancholy this really hits the spot.
So little space, so much to say.