Some Books that Aren't in the Public Domain (and why)

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Agape77 wrote: April 4th, 2024, 8:29 pm I will check to see if it is and get back with you. Thank you!
I just found it on Archive.org. I had to do an advanced search. It seems to be read by a robot on audio. Since it's there, can it be read here?
It depends. Please share the link so we can take a look.
Agape77

Post by Agape77 »

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Agape77 wrote: April 4th, 2024, 9:14 pm It's a long book with 2 volumes. Here it is:https://archive.org/details/TheLifeAndRevelationsOfAnneCatherineEmmerichComplete/page/n1/mode/2up
We think this edition is okay, since it's a straight reprint. It even has the same typesetting as the original.
(VERY long book!)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Agape77

Post by Agape77 »

oh perfect! Now do you have to add it to Librivox in order for me to read it?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Agape77 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 12:37 pm oh perfect! Now do you have to add it to Librivox in order for me to read it?
No, it doesn't get added until after it has been recorded and proof listened. You would need to launch it as a solo project. However, you should complete your one-minute test first. It's basically a sound and tech check to make sure your software and equipment is all working. Then, once your test gets the ok, we strongly recommend participating in at least one group project so that you can get the first hurdles out of the way with a supportive group around you. Reading a whole book on your own can be very lonely, and it's best to get some practice under your belt before you start out solo.

Here are some links with instructions for your next steps (in order!):
One-Minute Test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
Signing up for a group project: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Newbie_Guide_to_Recording#Signing_Up
Launching a solo project: viewtopic.php?t=13513
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Not only that, but that book is HUUUUUGE. It is not a good first solo project. :shock:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Agape77

Post by Agape77 »

Thank you, I will be doing the 1 minute test soon and I will definitely do group projects and proof listening before i undertake a project like this one. Yes it is huge and it won't be something I do now. :)