Internet Archive down/unsafe?

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

I know this is more of an internet archive issue, but I've discovered that whenever I go to click on the link to a finished LV recording I get a notification that archive.org isn't safe. Has anyone else found this? Does archive know what's happening with that? I don't want listeners to think our files are unsafe/trying to steal their info.
Adele

Post by TriciaG »

I haven't seen that. Exactly what does the message say? If there's a "more details" link, what does that say?
Very limited computer access Wed-Sun, May 15-19.
AdeledePignerolles

Post by AdeledePignerolles »

It says "This site has been reported as unsafe. Hosted by ia601303.us.archive.org
Microsoft recommends you don't continue to this site. It has been reported to Microsoft for containing phishing threats which may try to steal personal or financial information."
It looks like it's something to do with Microsoft and Archive, as it works fine on Firefox.
Adele

Post by TriciaG »

Ah. I'm fairly sure those kinds of warnings have popped up before, and they eventually get cleared away.

There's some file on that specific server that Microsoft thinks is suspect (or that someone reported as suspect) - I can't imagine what, because images, videos, audios, etc. don't contain phishing threats. *shrug*
Very limited computer access Wed-Sun, May 15-19.