Bonan vesperon from Florida, USA!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
coltonw

Post by coltonw »

My name is Colton Wooten. I'm 24 years old and new to the narration community. I was recommended to visit LibriVox after taking interest in audiobook and instructional narration, and voice acting. I would like to contribute to the various projects, and meet new people and assist them in any way that I can.

I enjoy PC gaming and listening to audio dramas. My favorite game series include System Shock, BioShock, Portal, and Half Life. In terms of audio dramas, I particularly enjoy mystery, thriller, and horror stories. I also watch funny videos of animals in my free time.

It's nice to meet you all, and I appreciate this opportunity to learn and grow.
sjmarky

Post by sjmarky »

Welcome aboard

You might find this resource useful: https://www.narratorsroadmap.com
"Bringing you yesterday's tomorrow...today!"

My website
My Librivox reader page
celaluzerne

Post by celaluzerne »

Nice to meet you! I'm also new to the field and enjoy gaming and consuming audiobooks (well, and so much music, let's be real). As an aspiring audiobook narrator, I'm drawn to paranormal/fantasy, YA dystopian series, and nonfiction texts that center around literacy, culture, and education. How are you going to decide what to start reading first??
vviera

Post by vviera »

coltonw wrote: April 29th, 2024, 7:00 pm My name is Colton Wooten. I'm 24 years old and new to the narration community. I was recommended to visit LibriVox after taking interest in audiobook and instructional narration, and voice acting. I would like to contribute to the various projects, and meet new people and assist them in any way that I can.

I enjoy PC gaming and listening to audio dramas. My favorite game series include System Shock, BioShock, Portal, and Half Life. In terms of audio dramas, I particularly enjoy mystery, thriller, and horror stories. I also watch funny videos of animals in my free time.

It's nice to meet you all, and I appreciate this opportunity to learn and grow.
Saluton kaj bonvenon, Colton!

I see that you’re already ok’d on your 1-minutes test. If you haven’t yet seen it, take a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording. It will orient you further to the whole process.

Now that you’re ok’d on your test, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

Unfortunately, there are not very many Esperantistoj here. I’ve been around about 2.5 years, and in that time I’ve only seen 3 or 4 solos. There haven’t been any group projects because there aren’t enough of us. I have recorded one short thing in a Multilingual Short Works Collection. That’s here. There is a solo being done now by VerdaVocxo for which I'm DPL (dedicated prooflistener, who prooflistens (PLs) all sections in a project).

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA