Greetings from Scotland 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
justdaj

Post by justdaj »

Good morning, good evening, good night around the globe.

I've decided to take the plunge and participate in some reading projects, if anyone will have me.

I added some interests to my profile. I repeat them here for ease.... Male, Scottish, 54. Technology dude » culinary conjurer » drinker of wine & gin » crime fiction junkie » thinker of thoughts » sarcasm peddler » Tudor history consumer. Live between Scotland and Spain.

:)
David
vviera

Post by vviera »

justdaj wrote: April 29th, 2024, 2:20 pm Good morning, good evening, good night around the globe.

I've decided to take the plunge and participate in some reading projects, if anyone will have me.

I added some interests to my profile. I repeat them here for ease.... Male, Scottish, 54. Technology dude » culinary conjurer » drinker of wine & gin » crime fiction junkie » thinker of thoughts » sarcasm peddler » Tudor history consumer. Live between Scotland and Spain.

:)
Welcome, sarcasm peddler! (Hey, you missed the opportunity to have that as a username :lol: )

We have had a bunch of people sign up from the UK lately. That's great! I enjoy waking up in the morning and seeing who from around the globe has posted while I've been sleeping.

I see you’re already working on your 1-minute test. If you haven’t yet seen it, take a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording. It will orient you to the whole process.

After you're OK'd on your test, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

If perchance you are interested in recording in Spanish, you can check out the Readers Wanted: Languages Other Than English forum. There are three projects going in Spanish right now.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA