[SOLO/RELIGION] Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima, by Saint Thomas Aquinas-mtf

Upcoming books being recorded by a solo reader
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima, by Saint Thomas Aquinas (1225 - 1274), Bernardus Bonjoannes ( - 1574) et al., translated by Carlo Falcini (1848 - 1928)
This Compendium, written in the sixteenth century, has several advantages over later ones; the subject matter being so condensed as to exhibit the connection of doctrine forcibly and clearly, divested of the "Objections" and other peculiarities of form which might divert the modern reader from the main point. It is a book suitable either for meditation, or for spiritual reading of a more substantial and efficient character than is to be found in many of our modern books of devotion. An appendix has been added containing a few notes for the benefit of such as may be unacquainted with the terms of Scholastic Philosophy. Note: This work is different to Thomas Aquinas' own abridgment of the Summa known as the "Compendium of Theology". (Summary by Introduction)
Source text (please read only from this text!): https://archive.org/details/compendiumofsumm00bonguoft/

Target completion date: 2024-07-25

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Children's Non-fiction

Keywords that describe the book: Christianity, Holy Spirit, theology, dominicans, philosophy medieval, theology doctrinal, scholasticism, philosophy medieval -- early works to 1800, summists, theology doctrinal -- catholic authors, theology doctrinal -- handbooks manuals etc., theology doctrinal -- middle ages, theology doctrinal -- middle ages 600-1500, theology doctrinal -- textbooks, bible -- theology, knowledge theory of (religion), philosophical theology, questions and answers -- theology doctrinal

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section # of Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima, by Saint Thomas Aquinas, Bernardus Bonjoannes et al., translated by Carlo Falcini. Section Title."
For the second and subsequent sections, you may use the shortened intro if you wish:
"Section # of Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima, by Saint Thomas Aquinas, Bernardus Bonjoannes et al., translated by Carlo Falcini. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima, by Saint Thomas Aquinas, Bernardus Bonjoannes et al., translated by Carlo Falcini."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: compendiumsummatheologica_##_bonjoannes_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. compendiumsummatheologica_01_bonjoannes_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: mightyfelix

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 96% 2 left!
Wedding Day in All Ages and Countries by Edward J. Wood 86% 2 left!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Projected total recording length: 8 hours

Sections:
  1. Chapters 1-10 (6942 words)
  2. Chapters 11-20 (8010 words)
  3. Chapters 21-30 (5340 words)
  4. Chapters 31-40 (5874 words)
  5. Chapters 41-50 (6675 words)
  6. Chapters 51-60 (5607 words)
  7. Chapters 61-70 (6675 words)
  8. Chapters 71-80 (7209 words)
  9. Chapters 81-90 (6942 words)
  10. Chapters 91-100 (5607 words)
  11. Chapters 101-110 (6141 words)
  12. Chapters 111-1119 (4806 words)
  13. Appendix (3471 words)
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I'll set this up for you. I am tempted to DPL for you again, too, but my listening time isn't as abundant as it once was, and this one is a good bit longer than your last one. For now, I'll get your MW, but if you don't find a DPL, I will PL for you as I can.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, you're all set to fill in your MW.
Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

i can do the dpl :D
"She Died. I was saved." - No Longer Human, Osamu Dazai
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Apophennec wrote: April 27th, 2024, 8:33 pm i can do the dpl :D
Appreciated!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

DPL added, and as I see that the MW is filled in, I will move us to Going Solo. :)
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

InTheDesert wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 9:03 am Section 2
Chapters 11-20
(38:30)
Section 2 is PL OK

Just wanted to note the the intro is read slightly abridged as:
"Section # of Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima, by Bernardus Bonjoannes, translated by Carlo Falcini. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." "Section Title."

vs the template:
"Section # of Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima, by Saint Thomas Aquinas, Bernardus Bonjoannes et al., translated by Carlo Falcini. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." "Section Title."
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Apophennec wrote: May 2nd, 2024, 4:11 pm
Just wanted to note the the intro is read slightly abridged as:
"Section # of Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima, by Bernardus Bonjoannes, translated by Carlo Falcini. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." "Section Title."

vs the template:
"Section # of Compendium of the Summa Theologica of St Thomas Aquinas: Pars Prima, by Saint Thomas Aquinas, Bernardus Bonjoannes et al., translated by Carlo Falcini. This LibriVox recording is in the public domain." "Section Title."
Thankyou! Yes, I did modify the intro (though I'm consistent throughout) - it's hard to decide what to do with all the editors and abridgers and revisers so Thomas is in the title and Bonjoannes is the author and all 4 are in the database!
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

Apophennec

Post by Apophennec »

InTheDesert wrote: Yesterday, 1:30 am Section 1
Chapters 1-10
(31:26)
Section 1's PL OK