One-minute recording [OK]

All languages: post your test recording here. Help check audio files.
mazukl

Post by mazukl »

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/one-minute.mp3

Recorded using a USB mic, Audacity, and Ubuntu.
TheDiver

Post by TheDiver »

I like it a lot! (But I am pretty new myself) you have a great voice!
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Indeed, voice and sound are awesome! You'll just need to adjust the tech specs. Needs to be in mono (single track), and a constant bitrate of 128kbps.
You should be able to fix these in Audacity.

First check from menu Edit -> Preferences -> Devices (or Audio Settings), that the Recording Channels is set to "1 (Mono)"

Then when you export your recording, choose the format options of the mp3 file: Channels "Mono", Bit rate mode "Constant" and Quality "128 kbps"

When you're ready, upload your new file here to check again!
mazukl

Post by mazukl »

Aw thank you both! Feedback much appreciated, does this seem more like it?

https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/one-minute-take-two.mp3
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Tech specs are correct this time! Well done! :thumbs:

The sound quality is different, though, there are some plosives now - the P's create some distortion. You'll notice the difference from your first clip in "People were pleased to find, that Peter Piper etc". Plosives are usually created when air/breath hits the microphone directly, so a different angle between the mouth and microphone is advised. If you keep that in mind to avoid it in your future recordings - you've shown that your recording setup is capable of clean recordings - you're ready for the real thing!

Please post if you have questions, feel free to upload a new clip if unsure, otherwise have fun recording for the projects that interest you!
:clap: