Hello from New Hampshire - need advice/help with existing project

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

Hi All - a friend had recommended I pop on here as I've been working for some time on recording a narration of Blessed Anne Catherine Emmerich's work and posting it to my podcast and website (have 35-40 hours so far posted from one of the Complete Visions texts on her, still have 2-3x that to go before I'm done).

I saw that another user (Icequeen) has already recorded a couple of the shorter pieces from Blessed Emmerich and was hoping to reach out to her but I can't reach out to them with a direct message as I'm new to the forums. Anyway, could use some advice to find out whether the material I've already recorded can be of use and would be of benefit to others in this group.

thanks for any help / advice,
Peter
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Welcome!

There are a couple considerations here:

(1) Text source. The text you record from needs to be clearly out of copyright in the USA.
(2) Tech settings. We need certain tech settings for the files (bit rate 128 kbps constant, sample rate 44.1 kHz, mono (1 channel), about 89 dB / -19 LUFS [I think; definite on the 89 dB part])
(3) Intro/outro wordings in the audios.

If the files are using a PD text source and can get whipped into shape regarding items 2 and 3, then we're good!

I'll PM icequeen to make sure she sees this thread.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi Peter!

Besides what Tricia has related about the technical requirements side, what else can I help you with? The source that I used for The Dolorous Passion can be found on Project Gutenberg, at this link. I think the other text source was at Internet Archive, but that has been a long time since I recorded that one. I have looked for other online, PD sources for more of Blessed ACE because I know there is at least one more work to record. If the source you are using is clearly in the public domain, then you and I can work on getting what you have recorded here at LibriVox!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!