Hi, from the Netherlands!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
ElineMarije

Post by ElineMarije »

Hi,

I'm from Utrecht the Netherlands.
As a child of booknerds i loved reading from a young age.
The library was my favorite place and when I stumbled online on Librivox i loved audiobooks ever since. Fantasy, history, murder mysteries and ghost stories are my favorite.
I wanted to join the place that this love for audiobooks started. :) .
I aspire voice acting and would like to try and contribute at the place that inspired my love of stories.
A smiley day to you!

Cheers,
ElineMarije
vviera

Post by vviera »

ElineMarije wrote: April 15th, 2024, 11:22 am Hi,

The library was my favorite place and when I stumbled online on Librivox i loved audiobooks ever since. Fantasy, history, murder mysteries and ghost stories are my favorite.
I aspire voice acting and would like to try and contribute at the place that inspired my love of stories.
Wow! We've had so many people from around the world join lately. It's very exciting! Just in the last few weeks we've had people from the Dominican Republic, Portugal, Singapore, Belgium, Australia, Trinidad & Tobago, Switzerland, the Philipines, India, and the UK. Welcome!

If you haven’t yet seen it, take a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording. It will orient you to the whole process.

Then, to get started, do your 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition - just a chance to make sure that all the technical settings you're using when recording match Librivox requirements.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
InTheDesert

Post by InTheDesert »

ElineMarije wrote: April 15th, 2024, 11:22 am Hi,

Welcome to Librivox, Eline!

Once you have completed your one minute test, I thought you might be interested in contributing to these projects, given your interests: You can see all the available group projects that are looking for readers here.
Female Scripture Characters by William Jay (1769 - 1853) 97% 1 left! "The Penitent Sinner Part 2"
St. Augustine (Vol.6 Psalms 126-150) 94% 3 left!
PL pls: 43 27-28