Newbie from the UK!

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Jackthelad

Post by Jackthelad »

Hello everyone.

I'm Jack from the West Midlands. I've been wanting to get into voiceover work for a while, and LibriVox was recommended to me as a good way of honing the craft. I'm also a book lover and always have a book on the go, so hopefully I can bring that to the recordings! :)

I'll get around to the 1-minute test just as soon as I've got rid of this cold!
vviera

Post by vviera »

Jackthelad wrote: April 12th, 2024, 6:42 am Hello everyone.

I'm Jack from the West Midlands. I've been wanting to get into voiceover work for a while, and LibriVox was recommended to me as a good way of honing the craft. I'm also a book lover and always have a book on the go, so hopefully I can bring that to the recordings! :)

I'll get around to the 1-minute test just as soon as I've got rid of this cold!
My word! We've had so many people from around the world join lately. It's very exciting! Just in the last few weeks we've had people from the Dominican Republic, Portugal, Singapore, Belgium, Australia, Trinidad & Tobago, Switzerland, the Philipines, India, and others from the UK. Welcome!

If you haven’t yet seen it, take a look at the Newbie Guide to Recording. It will orient you to the whole process.

Then, to get started (after your cold is better! :) ), do your 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition - just a chance to make sure that all the technical settings you're using when recording match Librivox requirements.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA