Complete [SOLO] Sea Garden by H.D.-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Sea Garden, by Hilda Doolittle (1886 - 1961)

Volunteers outside the USA: Hilda Doolittle died in 1961. This person's work may still be protected by copyright in countries where copyright duration is determined by the author's death date. In Europe this is 70 years; in Canada it is 70 years for authors who died after 1971; and in Australia it is 70 years for authors who died after 1955.
The first of H.D.'s book of poetry, Sea Garden contains some striking and lovely Imagist compositions. I have recorded the poems as a single performance, as it were, believing this the best way to impress upon the reader the entwining images of the book's poetry. (Summary by KevinS)
• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/sea-garden-by-hilda-doolittle-2/

Source text (please read only from this text!): https://www.gutenberg.org/cache/epub/28665/pg28665-images.html

Target completion date: 2024-04-15

Prooflistening level: Standard
Prospective PLs, please see the Guide for Proof-listeners.

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the number of languishing projects on our server, we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't recorded anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process unless you are the BC or PL. Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
========================================

Genres for the project: Poetry/Single author

Keywords that describe the book: modernist, imagist, h.d.

========================================

LibriVox recording settings: mono (1 channel), 44100 Hz sample rate, 128 kbps constant bit rate MP3. See the Tech Specs

Intro to recording:
Leave 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning.

For the first section, say:
"Section (or Chapter) # of Sea Garden. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] "Sea Garden, by Hilda Doolittle. Section Title."
End of recording:
Say:
"End of section (or chapter) #." [Optional, and if not stated in the intro: "Read by your name, city, date."]
If you are recording the final section of the book, add:
"End of Sea Garden, by Hilda Doolittle."
Leave 5 seconds of silence at the end.

Filename: seagarden_##_doolittle_128kb.mp3 where ## is the section number. (e.g. seagarden_01_doolittle_128kb.mp3)

Upload to the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader

MC to select: alg1001

Copy and paste the file link generated by the uploader into the relevant Listen URL field in the Section Compiler, enter the duration in the Notes field, and post in this thread to let your PL and MC know that you have uploaded a file. You may also post the file link in the thread.
Last edited by KevinS on April 6th, 2024, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Hi Kevin
I would like to have returned the favour by DPLing this but unfortunately it isn't PD for me :(
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alanmapstone wrote: April 6th, 2024, 1:51 am Hi Kevin
I would like to have returned the favour by DPLing this but unfortunately it isn't PD for me :(
Not to worry, Alan. Someone will turn up.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I'll be your turnip, Kevin :lol:

~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

silverquill wrote: April 6th, 2024, 11:52 am I'll be your turnip, Kevin :lol:
Hahaha! Thank you!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Kevin,
I'll MC this for you. I'll move you right over to Going Solo.

-Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alg1001 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 8:15 am Hi Kevin,
I'll MC this for you. I'll move you right over to Going Solo.

-Amy
Thank you!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Forgot the MW-haha. Just a sec. I will blame it on eclipse mania. We were in the path of totality.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alg1001 wrote: April 8th, 2024, 2:03 pm Forgot the MW-haha. Just a sec. I will blame it on eclipse mania. We were in the path of totality.
Hahaha! I gather that even the birds don't sing!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Shortest DPL project ever . . . .
Good to hear the cadence of you voice, Kevin!

PL OK, so Amy can take it to catalog.

~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

silverquill wrote: April 12th, 2024, 5:13 pm Shortest DPL project ever . . . .
Good to hear the cadence of you voice, Kevin!

PL OK, so Amy can take it to catalog.
Thank you, Pastor. Hope you and yours are doing well! (I often watch the Maine weather report and think about you all.)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

I'll get this cataloged in the morning.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

alg1001 wrote: April 12th, 2024, 6:55 pm I'll get this cataloged in the morning.
Thank you!
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Okay, I'm up and at it. :D