[FULL] Tales of 1927: A Selection of Folktales, Fables, and Legends from Books Published in 1927 - rap

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
BobbyBreadshower

Post by BobbyBreadshower »

laurakgibbs wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:17 am
BobbyBreadshower wrote: April 6th, 2024, 9:11 am Hello,

May I read section 7, The Growing Boy? This would be the first recording I've done for Librivox.
Fantastic! I take it to be a sign of good luck when someone is doing their first recording for a group project like this. Yay!

I've put the section in my name for now so that no one else will claim it, and to transfer it to you, I'll need to enter you into the readers database... so, let me know:
1) the name you want to use for display in the LibriVox catalog (if different from your user name here)
2) if you have a webpage you want that display name to link to

When you do that, I'll assign the section to you, and then you can record. The Paul Bunyan stories are a hoot; I hope you will enjoy it! (you will learn how Babe the Blue Ox became blue!)
Thank you! To your two points, my username here is fine to use and I do not have a webpage to link that to. Would this webpage be Librivox related or just any webpage of my choosing?
I'm Afraid of Americans - David Bowie
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

Like an identifying webpage, if you have a webpage. I'm such a geek; I have a webpage ha ha:
https://LauraGibbs.net
But if you don't have a webpage, that's fine; I think not so many people do from what I've seen.

I'll go enter your name now, and you'll be good to go!

When you do the story, remember to include the section title as it reads in the magic window there, so for that story it would be:
"Section 7 of TALES OF 1927. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information or to volunteer, please visit librivox.org." [Optional: "Read by your name."] A Paul Bunyan story from the USA: "The Growing Boy" retold by James Cloyd Bowman."

Then when you are done, upload the file, and post again here at the forum so I can add the file link to the list.

Have fun!
lcole5

Post by lcole5 »

Hi! May I read these sections?

Coyote and the Evening Star

The Story of White Dawn
nette

Post by nette »

May I read section 18, "A Fairy Disguised as a Puppy"?
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

lcole5 wrote: April 6th, 2024, 11:41 am Hi! May I read these sections?

Coyote and the Evening Star

The Story of White Dawn
Done!
I especially like that coyote story (I study folkloric tricksters).
Enjoy!
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

nette wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:15 pm May I read section 18, "A Fairy Disguised as a Puppy"?
Excellent, Nette! It looks like this is your first recording, is that right? Someone else signed up this today with this as their first recording too; I really like being part of a group which has brand-new readers like this!

I've assigned the section to myself for now so that no one else will claim it, and to transfer it to you, I'll need to enter you into the readers database... so, let me know:
1) the name you want to use for display in the LibriVox catalog (if different from your user name here)
2) if you have a personal homepage you want that display name to link to

When you do that, I'll assign the section to you, and then you can record.
nette

Post by nette »

laurakgibbs wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:31 pm
nette wrote: April 6th, 2024, 2:15 pm May I read section 18, "A Fairy Disguised as a Puppy"?
Excellent, Nette! It looks like this is your first recording, is that right? Someone else signed up this today with this as their first recording too; I really like being part of a group which has brand-new readers like this!

I've assigned the section to myself for now so that no one else will claim it, and to transfer it to you, I'll need to enter you into the readers database... so, let me know:
2) if you have a personal homepage you want that display name to link to

When you do that, I'll assign the section to you, and then you can record.
1) nette
2) https://nette.omg.lol/

Would I also read the titles of the subsections (e.g. 1. An orphan boy spares the life of a big fish)?

Thank you so much!
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

1) nette
2) https://nette.omg.lol/

Would I also read the titles of the subsections (e.g. 1. An orphan boy spares the life of a big fish)?

Thank you so much!
Oh, that URL for your website is brilliant, ha ha. Wonderful! I like cats and computers too. I even made a website for my cats... who definitely like to walk all over my computers.
https://Cats.LauraGibbs.net

So, you are all set up and good to go!

Good question about those headings in the story: see what you think! It could really go either way -- include them, or not, based on what you think sounds best. And I hope you enjoy the story!
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

alanmapstone wrote: April 6th, 2024, 3:04 am Section 1 - Ulysses

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/talesof1927_01_various_128kb.mp3

I have always liked this story, I love the idea of a "Bag of Winds" What I like about the Greek Gods is that they show such human emotions like getting angry and annoyed with people. :lol:
That sounded GREAT, Alan: thank you for getting us off to a perfect start like that! It's PL OK. :thumbs:
I was so glad that the author found a way to tell this story so that it was very very simple for children to read, but at the same time very lively and exciting, and you conveyed all the exciting ups and downs of the story in your reading too. What fun!
I'm looking forward to your frogs :-)
nette

Post by nette »

laurakgibbs wrote: April 6th, 2024, 3:10 pm Oh, that URL for your website is brilliant, ha ha. Wonderful! I like cats and computers too. I even made a website for my cats... who definitely like to walk all over my computers.
https://Cats.LauraGibbs.net

So, you are all set up and good to go!

Good question about those headings in the story: see what you think! It could really go either way -- include them, or not, based on what you think sounds best. And I hope you enjoy the story!
Your cats are adorable! I have never bookmarked a page so quickly.

Thank you for allowing me to contribute!
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

Thank you! I've added the links to the magic window and I'll be able to prooflisten tonight or tomorrow (Sunday) morning. :)
kirk202

Post by kirk202 »

I'd like to record Sections 5 & 6 please. :)
Kirk
laurakgibbs

Post by laurakgibbs »

kirk202 wrote: April 7th, 2024, 6:58 am I'd like to record Sections 5 & 6 please. :)
Wonderful! It will be fun to hear your voice here! I've assigned them in the magic window.
BobbyBreadshower

Post by BobbyBreadshower »

I'm Afraid of Americans - David Bowie