[SCIENCE] Scientific American Supplement, No. 795, March 28, 1891, by Various - thw

Short Poetry Collections, Short Story Collections, and our Weekly Poetry Project
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

quartertone wrote: April 21st, 2024, 10:48 pm
No problem.
I kind of do my own PL sometimes also.
I found a small repeat at the end of section 16, so I uploaded the new version

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sciamsuppl795march1891_16_various_128kb.mp3
21:16
We should all do some sort of PL on our work, but even with the best of efforts something can slip through, so the second pair of ears is essential. Your recordings are excellent!

~ Larry
Lanuzahuck

Post by Lanuzahuck »

silverquill wrote: April 21st, 2024, 9:15 pm
Lanuzahuck wrote: April 21st, 2024, 11:35 am
That's great!
I've added you to the LibriVox catalog and assigned you Section 6.
Just click on your name in the Magic Window to view your personal reader page. This is where you can track all of your LV projects of which I hope there will be many!

WELCOME TO LIBRIVOX :clap: :clap:
I'm excited to get started. Quick question, in section 6, do I need to read the descriptions of the figures in the section? For example: "FLOATING ELEVATOR AND SPOIL DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE BALTIC SEA CANAL.--FIGS. 2, 3"

Thank you,
-Evan
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Lanuzahuck wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 11:57 am
I'm excited to get started. Quick question, in section 6, do I need to read the descriptions of the figures in the section? For example: "FLOATING ELEVATOR AND SPOIL DISTRIBUTOR FOR THE BALTIC SEA CANAL.--FIGS. 2, 3"

Thank you,
-Evan
No. Please ignore all of the illustrations and captions and read only the plain text.
Thanks for checking.

~ Larry
quartertone

Post by quartertone »

silverquill wrote: April 21st, 2024, 11:28 pm
quartertone wrote: April 21st, 2024, 10:48 pm
No problem.
I kind of do my own PL sometimes also.
I found a small repeat at the end of section 16, so I uploaded the new version

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sciamsuppl795march1891_16_various_128kb.mp3
21:16
We should all do some sort of PL on our work, but even with the best of efforts something can slip through, so the second pair of ears is essential. Your recordings are excellent!

And case in point, i found yet another repeat in this section (16).

The new new duration is 21:13
:lol: :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

quartertone wrote: April 23rd, 2024, 9:12 am
[/quote]

And case in point, i found yet another repeat in this section (16).

The new new duration is 21:13
:lol: :D
[/quote]
MW updated. Thanks! :wink:

~ Larry
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 14

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 15

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 16

PL OK
Anthony

StaceyM2022

Post by StaceyM2022 »

silverquill

Post by silverquill »

StaceyM2022 wrote: April 26th, 2024, 7:45 pm Hello,

Here is section 7. 2:21

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/sciamsuppl795march1891_07_various_128kb.mp3

Thanks,
Stacey
Thank you!
In the MW Ready for PL

~ Larry
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 7

PL OK
Anthony

Lanuzahuck

Post by Lanuzahuck »

silverquill wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 4:37 pm
Lanuzahuck wrote: April 22nd, 2024, 11:57 am

Thank you,
-Evan
No. Please ignore all of the illustrations and captions and read only the plain text.
Thanks for checking.
One more question:
I've got a rough recording finished, and I am currently cleaning up. We are expected to read the information in parenthesis, correct? For example, in section 6, there are many measurements given in metric and the conversion is listed in parenthesis.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Lanuzahuck wrote: May 1st, 2024, 7:50 am
One more question:
I've got a rough recording finished, and I am currently cleaning up. We are expected to read the information in parenthesis, correct? For example, in section 6, there are many measurements given in metric and the conversion is listed in parenthesis.
In general, the measurements in parentheses should be read.

There area a couple of exceptions to parenthetical elements. One is: (as indicated on Fig. 4 and in detail on Figs. 6 and 7), and then there are a couple of places after that that just have figure references, such as (fig 4). Please omit those because they would be meaningless to the listener. Not a bit deal if they are included, but better left out.

Thanks for asking.
Good to hear of your progress. Editing is a big part of getting a good recording done.

~ Larry
swmom17

Post by swmom17 »

Hi there, I'm new and I would like to sign up for section 19 please. I have posted my one minute test recording already, just a bit ago. I've already got my pronunciations written out to help me while reading so it goes smoother. Thank you!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

swmom17 wrote: May 1st, 2024, 3:29 pm Hi there, I'm new and I would like to sign up for section 19 please. I have posted my one minute test recording already, just a bit ago. I've already got my pronunciations written out to help me while reading so it goes smoother. Thank you!
That is great!

I just need to know exactly how you would like to be listed in the LibriVox catalog. This can be your real name, pseudonym, or any nickname/handle that you wish. This is how you will be credited for all of your LV work.

I'm book coordinator for the other project of devotionals that you signed up for.

~ Larry