Hi! From the Lonestar State

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
Agape77

Post by Agape77 »

Hello, My name is Gloria!

I just joined because I love to read. I would also like to try recording and to help out in any way I can. I took Drama classes years ago and loved it and I'm open to trying it out again possibly with Voice over in the future. I've got plenty of time to do this is. I learned of Librivox from Youtube as I listen to audiobooks there from people who've read through this site. I welcome any information and advice!
Thanks!
vviera

Post by vviera »

Agape77 wrote: March 22nd, 2024, 8:18 am Hello, My name is Gloria!

I just joined because I love to read. I would also like to try recording and to help out in any way I can. I took Drama classes years ago and loved it and I'm open to trying it out again possibly with Voice over in the future. I've got plenty of time to do this is. I learned of Librivox from Youtube as I listen to audiobooks there from people who've read through this site. I welcome any information and advice!
Thanks!
Welcome, Gloria! I am right next door in New Mexico!

To get started, do your 1-Minute Test. It's not an audition - just a chance to make sure that all the technical settings you're using when recording match Librivox requirements.

After you're OK'd on that, browse the forums for a project you'd like to participate in. Most people start with a chapter in a book or some other short work. Post a claim for a section in the corresponding thread when you see something you'd like to record.

Any time you have a question, post in one of the forums, and someone will pop in to help you out.

Have fun!
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA
Agape77

Post by Agape77 »

Thank you! I appreciate your feedback! Do I need specific equipment to meet the standards?
vviera

Post by vviera »

Agape77 wrote: April 4th, 2024, 8:28 pm Thank you! I appreciate your feedback! Do I need specific equipment to meet the standards?
You don't need specific equipment. The standards refer to settings of the recording itself.

If you haven't already, check out the Newbie Guide to Recording and the 1-minute test link I put in the previous message.
Waiting for a clever signature line to occur to me.

Cheers, VERLA